What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Apparel

russ13

First Grade
I bought a Melbourne Storm cap at Suncorp when the Storm played the Broncos there during the home & away fixture this season.

The cap cost $28. When I got my credit card statement I noted the vendor was "Allan Langer Sales."

I have no problem with the Suncorp booth selling apparel or even Allan Langer having an interest in the business. What I object to is the exorbitant prices charged at these outlets.

Yesterday at a 'Best & Less' store I found this season's NRL caps selling for as little at $5. Admitedly they were for Warriors & other teams out of the NRL finals.

Cowboy's caps with gold & blue quarters were selling for $7. Marked down from $15 a week ago. $15 seemed to be the top price for identical caps sold for nearly twice that amount at Suncorp.

So if any fans see a store selling hughely discounted RL merchandise, please let members of this forum know the store's location.

The 'Best & Less' store I visited yesterday was located in the Westfield Shopping Centre at Strathpine near Brisbane.

Copa

Bench
I'd like to see some non-team specific apparel... stuff that is purely NRL/rugby league branded.

jed

First Grade
Copa said:
I'd like to see some non-team specific apparel... stuff that is purely NRL/rugby league branded.
Something marked "may the best team win" perhaps?

Raider Ultra

Bench
Why would you buy anything at a ground? They have their own special economies where everything is charged at double the normal price.

Hindyscrack

Bench
russ13 said:
I bought a Melbourne Storm cap at Suncorp when the Storm played the Broncos there during the home & away fixture this season.

The cap cost $28. When I got my credit card statement I noted the vendor was "Allan Langer Sales."

I have no problem with the Suncorp booth selling apparel or even Allan Langer having an interest in the business. What I object to is the exorbitant prices charged at these outlets.

Yesterday at a 'Best & Less' store I found this season's NRL caps selling for as little at $5. Admitedly they were for Warriors & other teams out of the NRL finals.

Cowboy's caps with gold & blue quarters were selling for $7. Marked down from $15 a week ago. $15 seemed to be the top price for identical caps sold for nearly twice that amount at Suncorp.

So if any fans see a store selling hughely discounted RL merchandise, please let members of this forum know the store's location.

The 'Best & Less' store I visited yesterday was located in the Westfield Shopping Centre at Strathpine near Brisbane.

Regards to vendor being Alan Langer, the merchandise outlets arent run by the Broncos or Stadium management. They are outsourced and charged a fee to sell merchandise on site. These fees are VERY high.

I dare say the merchandise on sale at Best & Less was of inferior quality to the hat you bought and being cleared out for below wholesale price.

cainen

Juniors
Is the stuff they sell at best n less licenced? They also sell jerseys for like $50 or something without the sponsorship stuff on them.

Choppies

Coach
Best and Less usually sell the "supporter" gear made by ISC (At least I think its ISC) and it is licensed by the NRL.
Its made cheaply and thus can be sold cheaply. This kind of gear is great for people who can't afford the top flite stuff like fully sponsered jerseys etc.

Knightmare

Coach
I don't buy anything at the game- I'll wait until afterwards to go and find somewhere to eat and get a drink.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Suncorp Stadium/The Broncos are the scum of Rugby League, they overcharge more than any stadium in Australia (and would go close in the world).

The Broncos merchandise isn't anywhere near the price of away merchandise, so if you want to go to the Footy on a Sunday afternoon and you forget to bring a cap, you need to buy a Broncos one or pay double for away team ones. Flag prices are riduculous too.

And don't even get me started on food and drink prices at that hole of a stadium. No little cup of watered down beer is worth 5 dollars. That place is a joke.

Knightmare

Coach
Like I said, the first time I go to a game at Suncorp I'll go to the Caxton for a few drinks first, then go into the city for a feed after the game is over. Plan it out before you go and you $ave!

Mr Saab

Referee
buying clothing at football stadiums is crazy.
If you cant wait to buy something the next day then thats bad luck.

IIRC, in 2002 the merchandise pricing at Telstra Stadium for the Warriors vs Sharks prelims were through the roof. Saw a Warriors cap for $40 or something.