What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL CEO's slam 9

samshark

Juniors
How would that generate any $$?

The club needs dollars. It has too many debts and no money to service them. Nothing has been done, succesfully, to address this.

The only help having a fan base in Japan, USA, Calathumpia or Bidilonia is going to help is if the players gear and ground signage is filled with For Sale signs. Maybe someone will like the game and buy the club.

The club is meeting its debt repayments.

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
tomorrows chip wrapper... move on everyone, nothing to see here.

Seriously... win some games... thats all they should be worried about.

In 2008 we came equal first, in 2009 we received...what 2 or 3 free to air games?? Winning wont make a difference unless we win the gf.
Lets face it, we are not one of the golden clubs, the ones offered special treatment from the NRL, ref's & TV.
Biased...yes. Care factor from those in the business - Zero.

Card Shark

Immortal
In 2008 we came equal first, in 2009 we received...what 2 or 3 free to air games?? Winning wont make a difference unless we win the gf.
Lets face it, we are not one of the golden clubs, the ones offered special treatment from the NRL, ref's & TV.
Biased...yes. Care factor from those in the business - Zero.

Hits nail on head.

Not only do we get no free to air - we get bugger all sunday arvo games (nine or fox).

They make it tough for us.

How would that generate any $$?

The club needs dollars. It has too many debts and no money to service them. Nothing has been done, succesfully, to address this.

The only help having a fan base in Japan, USA, Calathumpia or Bidilonia is going to help is if the players gear and ground signage is filled with For Sale signs. Maybe someone will like the game and buy the club.

Well as a fan who doesnt now and never has lived in the Shire , Ive always had a pretty good warsdrobe of Sharks supporters gear . Spent a few dollers on it too . Bought quite a few RLW s and attended games when in town .Never got the pay tv thing ,but I watch them at the club when they're not on Free to air .(Always) Became a fan when they used to be on free to air so Im hooked .

As for what would a fan base in Japan do ? I dont know . But I do know theres a lot of Kids there that just Love different Fads and Wearing "different " gear so they can look "same" as all their "different " mates.How much money can Fads generate ? I dont Know . I think that certain Jerseys like the Jordan 23, Manchester United , Arsenal,"The Mighty Ducks" etc . have generated quite a bit of money .

Could the local Chamber of Commerce promote the Sharks succesfully to start up a following in different areas?? I dont know that answer either . after a few beers my answer would be ..ABSOLUTELY rugby league is the greatest game of all .its absolutely made for Television viewing . Given the proper TV exposure it just might catch on internationally like UFC fighting has . Id never heard of that a couple of years ago .At least not seriously.

If you think small you stay small and you get treated like you are small.

Last edited:
Great to see the Chooks get hammered 60-14 today on free to air T.V.

Get that up ya Channel 9 and influential Chooks administrators.

Glad to see you did your sponsors Steggles proud by running around like headless chooks!!! Bahahaha!!

Anasta, not using his head to see who he was going to pass to was the ultimate tribute to his sponsor. I don't know why the selectors keep overlooking poor Braith............