What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Coaching: Much to it??

hutch

First Grade
Many people say how complex it would be to coach an NRL team. I just can't see it.

Other than hit it up for four or five and then to the air or grubber, what else is there?

Can someone name me 3 top coaching initiatives in 2009.
single worst thread ive seen here in 5 years. idiot!

nqcowboy87

Bench
Many people say how complex it would be to coach an NRL team. I just can't see it.

Other than hit it up for four or five and then to the air or grubber, what else is there?

Can someone name me 3 top coaching initiatives in 2009.

youve obviously never played the game past under 12's nor do you have a proper understanding of the game. not only do they develop the game plans for the way the team plays but theyre to motivate and coach them mentally too.

dave taylor playing wide would be on example but im not going to go through each teams and dissect their gameplans just to prove something that we already know but you boviously dont

Cupid Stunt

Sit around, sit around, sit around.

Nope cant see were I said that you cupid stunt.

No less an authority then Jack Gibson* once said about league and gridiron, "same game, different rules".

*Jack Gibson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>cupid stunt.

So your best response is to play the semantics & arrows game? I'll accept that as you not being able to back your OP up. But I do like the fact you found a comical way to use "Cupid Stunt" against me, pretty sure noone has picked that up before. Kudos to you! :roll:

Angry_eel

First Grade
This has to be a classic.

I mean even if you ignore everything else. I would assume that perfecting second phase play in a team will be annoying.

Even if you look a t a team like Melbourne who don't look like they are doing much as they go 5 tackles, kick and score. You would think that coaching players to slow the play down without getting penalised will be fairly difficult.

This is just 2 things. Imagine all the other aspects.

Big Time

Juniors
I have seen NRL coaching first hand.

I sat behind the coaches area in the 2005 semi final when the tigers beat the dragons at the SFS. Throughout the second half, Nathan Brown's instructions to his players via walkie talkie were very simple - 'Tell them to get it to Gaz!!!' He repeated this over an over - and that was as scientific as it got.

They lost that game. Nathan Brown no longer coaches in the NRL. He never won a GF with a stable of stars. He was the difference. If Bellamy had that side they would have won a couple of GF's. Your example actually shows that coaches do matter.

Noa

First Grade
So your best response is to play the semantics & arrows game? I'll accept that as you not being able to back your OP up. But I do like the fact you found a comical way to use "Cupid Stunt" against me, pretty sure noone has picked that up before. Kudos to you! :roll:

WTF are you going on about anyway. Its gone over my head, maybe some-one can help me out.