What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL.com just gets worse and worse

Paullyboy

Coach
Deadet, I thought the new NRL.com had already reached a low point - now they've gotten even worse somehow!

Not only have they got NO statistics whatsoever from the Friday night game (not even try scorers), but they also have done away with all the live scoring it seems as well. There is an extremely slow score they update everynow and then on the front page, but it has no player stats or anything.

Is it possible their webmaster is just trying to get fired?

Razor

Coach
Paullyboy said:
Deadet, I thought the new NRL.com had already reached a low point - now they've gotten even worse somehow!

Not only have they got NO statistics whatsoever from the Friday night game (not even try scorers), but they also have done away with all the live scoring it seems as well. There is an extremely slow score they update everynow and then on the front page, but it has no player stats or anything.

Is it possible their webmaster is just trying to get fired?

NRL.com is now run by Telstra. This is their first year of their contract - I think they have a 3-year contract. Another company was in charge last year.

Telstra has complete control over the site content.

So the NRL can't do anything for 3 years, when the contract is up.

cainen

Juniors
Telstra is totally crap at everything they do. We should all be used to it by now.

*Paul*

Juniors
Paullyboy said:
Not only have they got NO statistics whatsoever from the Friday night game (not even try scorers), but they also have done away with all the live scoring it seems as well.
Hopefully this is just to reduce the server load until they can find someone or something who knows what the hell to do.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
legend said:
Let us run the live scores, we'll make sure no one leaves disappointed. ;-)

I find the LU one drops out quite often now. Imagine what it would be like if you had all the traffic.

Glenn

First Grade
Telstra "Screwing everything we touch"..no surprises they have fuggered the NRL website

aids

Bench
last years site was classy
everything you needed to see was on the site.
stats, matches players

a good layout
the new thing is messy

legend

Coach
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
I find the LU one drops out quite often now. Imagine what it would be like if you had all the traffic.

Fair call. We've improved a lot on last week though and are working on getting the scores more consistent but we too have seen a massive surge in traffic when our live updates are running.

Tonight has been nowhere near as bad as last week.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
LU is an independent site Sea Eagles Rock. If we had the traffic we'd have the backing. Telstra has a little more resources at their disposal.

And as Legend said, we're doing something about it.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
hey, kudos to you. At least your site works most of the time tonight. Telstra is just sh*te!
lol. No worries SER. I have to admit that the traffic we're experiencing is really testing the servers. Amongst the site owners, it has been the main topic of discussion lately.

Can't speak for the NRL site. They obviously have their own set of issues to deal with.

Paullyboy

Coach
I have sent off a 'contact us' with a firm but reasonable email about my dissapointment in their service. I only hope it finds its way to the right person. I know it wont though.

I definately commend the LU live service, its great, but I really like seeing stats as well as just a description - it fills in a lot of the gaps when you miss a match.

Choppies said:
Now the site is down. :clap:

They call it a technological revolution but really it's nothing of the sort. At 9.30 last night I could not get the result of the Manly-Nth QLD match:

LU live scores had crashed
Nrl.Com had crashed
Livescores.com had crashed

What a joke.

Latest posts