What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL.com just gets worse and worse

legend

Coach
I agree Paully but we aren't allowed to use their stats so we rely more on a verbal description of the game and prompt delivery of the scores.

If we ever had access to the stats coupled with the commentary, then I think we could provide a premium service to the Rugby League public.

Thanks for the feedback though. It helps us improve our service to you.

legend

Coach
Renowned League Expert said:
They call it a technological revolution but really it's nothing of the sort. At 9.30 last night I could not get the result of the Manly-Nth QLD match:

LU live scores had crashed
Nrl.Com had crashed
Livescores.com had crashed

What a joke.

We are in the midst of upgrading the RAM on both servers to improve our reliability and more improvements are scheduled, possibly additional servers down the track as well.

aussies1st

Staff member
I was trying to find the try scores for last nights game, NRL.com had nothing apart from some article. So I had to use the LU one which didn't disappoint.

Iafeta

Referee
I think NRL.com is now pathetic. No stats from this weekend at all. And its just tedious to work your way around the site now too.

MrCharisma

Bench
Iafeta said:
I think NRL.com is now pathetic. No stats from this weekend at all. And its just tedious to work your way around the site now too.

I agree

Why'd they change it... last years was so good. It was user friendly and had everything you needed with out using a map to find it.

Razor

Coach
MrCharisma said:
I agree

Why'd they change it... last years was so good. It was user friendly and had everything you needed with out using a map to find it.

The reason they changed it was because Telstra wanted the rights.

Renowned League Expert said:
They call it a technological revolution but really it's nothing of the sort. At 9.30 last night I could not get the result of the Manly-Nth QLD match:

LU live scores had crashed
Nrl.Com had crashed
Livescores.com had crashed

What a joke.

If you are in Sydney, the game kicked off at 9:30 pm our time. The coverage on Fox was actually live

lemon rabbit

Juniors
I think you'll find the problem is with NRL STATS, as opposed to Telstra.

If you look at some of the club websites - the bulldogs for example - it says they haven't got player stats etc at this stage due to a problem with NRL Stats.

From my experience, this surprises me very little.

Paullyboy

Coach
shadow grinder said:
is there any other site that has stats?

Geez I wish there was, but it appears there is not.

The console has re-appeard on NRL.com which is a good sign, but geez its a pathetic effort considering there were not even try-scoring stats, let alone player stats which are still missing, all weekend.

shadow grinder

First Grade
poor effort.

Any joe blow off the street doesnt have access to nrlstats, is that right? you gotta be involved in rugby league..or a tv station etc?

Razor

Coach
shadow grinder said:
poor effort.

Any joe blow off the street doesnt have access to nrlstats, is that right? you gotta be involved in rugby league..or a tv station etc?

No joe blow off the street can get access to NrlStats if they pay for it - same as the media outlets do.

Latest posts