What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL.com just gets worse and worse

sunny

i am not joking, that is the fee. That's why only the big media organisations have access to it, not many ordinary folk can afford it.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Exactly. And those who can afford it refuse to provide the service to the rest of us. :roll:

sunny

it should be on nrl.com, simple as that. It seems the only place you can get it properly is to wait for the folowing week's big league.

RABK

Referee
What if some Joe Bloe tapes every game and goes through and compiles every single stat for every game?

it seems to be back up and running again, with all the stats from last weeks game on there now, seems the problem is when they get a lot of hits it cant cope

sunny

well he's entitled to do that, if he is that desperate. or you could steal stats off fox sports active for any game that is designated as such.

JK

Or just say that you did...

Maybe get one or two minute things incorrect once a round to show 'authenticity'!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'm not sure the live stats is so much of an issue as the post-match statistics such as Top Pts, Top Tries etc. It's all way too basic, and their server is just a joke. Run by the country's leading Telco and they can't even keep it online with a few hunj-thou hits?

Joke.

Prodigiousman

Juniors
That could well be the reason why the player stats have been dropped.

Bandwidth or something technical.

238 players with what 40 odd individual stats being generated - would be a lot of memory/ram/whatever.

But if they can support a video 'service' then they should be able to support a text feed service.

Paullyboy

Coach
It was their stupid decision to make each players stat category come up seperately unlike last year where you could see all the tackles/hitups for a match on one screen.

They still dont have any player stats up and im starting to think the days of NRL.com are officially dead - there is nothing there worth checking if they dont have stats.

bad_doggy_bad

Juniors
I Agree with PaullyBoy, NRL.COM was average last year but with all the hype of the all new website, its such a disappointment... the only new thing is the little bit of flash they added to the site, but they sacrificed all the good resources on the site in order to achieve thier "New Look Site"...

League Unlimited is the way to go...

forumbanner6cl.jpg

shadow grinder

First Grade
nrl...tisk tisk.

if there was anyone that didnt want to know the score of tonights game then they would be pissed off if they went over to NRL.com right now. there are no spoilers....as soon as you open nrl site they have the score listed in bold.

legend

Coach
We are still tweaking our new live scores system and it's coming along nicely.

I'm doing two live updates tomorrow night so tune in for some insightful commentary if you aren't watching the game live or on the box.

Kris_man

Bench
Two things I don't like about NRL.com:

1. They didn't reply to my email asking for a key to their stats.
2. On Bigpond video, you can't alter the time, eg, fast forward/rewind, etc. Still, it is awesome having all games at your disposal, as well as highlights.

I don't have any problems at all with live scores/stats - they were great tonight.

Latest posts