What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL could never expand into Perth. Check this out...

nqboy

First Grade
Jeffles said:
My path would be more conservative.

1) Bring baack regualr premiership matches in Adelaide, Perth and Darwin (and now maybe Tassie).
A basic first step. Games in Perth next year is a good start.

Jeffles said:
2) Better TV coverage of NRL in the emerging states. Live coverage for Grand Final and NRL TV matches starting at no later than 10:30pm at night..
Absolutely essential. The NRL should specify this in the new TV deal.

Jeffles said:
3) More funding and development work in these areas to capitalise on the publicity..
Of course, it's obvious.

Jeffles said:
4) More rep games etc involving emerging states. Possibly an emerging states championship. This would give the more talented players room to develop their career towards NRL..
Definitely. Include Qld Residents and NSW Country as well and get the ABC to televise it.

Jeffles said:
5) Look to the possibility of setting up clubs in Adelaide and Perth.
A natural progression to build on the good work that has gone before.

It's really pretty straight forward when your as smart as Jeffles and I, wonder why the NRL and News can't see it?

The only thing I would add is that relocation would be better than trying to start up a new team in Perth and/or Adelaide. Entice Sydney clubs to start moving games there on a regular basis with a five year plan to move there fulltime, playing two games a season in their old area to retain the links, running clinics and so on.

joondalup_giant

Staff member
Jeffles wrote:
4) More rep games etc involving emerging states. Possibly an emerging states championship. This would give the more talented players room to develop their career towards NRL..

Definitely. Include Qld Residents and NSW Country as well and get the ABC to televise it.

QLD residents come over here every year and play the WA first grade side

IanG

Coach
That's the big problem League has becasue of that seige mentality that the Southern States have. They basically take the attitude that if it aint AFL they don't wanna know about it.

That's why league matches are shown on Channel 9 Melbourne, Adelade and Perth at an ungoddly hours that are.)

xxxx!

Juniors
IanG said:
That's the big problem League has becasue of that seige mentality that the Southern States have. They basically take the attitude that if it aint AFL they don't wanna know about it.

That's why league matches are shown on Channel 9 Melbourne, Adelade and Perth at an ungoddly hours that are.)

That's easy to understand because the Northern states have had the same mentality about the introduction of AFL .The best way around it is to go to some AR games with your mates , then they'll see that your open minded and might give RL some thought too .

fieldo

Juniors
I disagree with the attitude of Northern states compared with Southern states.

The Northern states are much more mature in there support of sports right from the media up. I have never seen such a seige mentality in my life as what is seen in WA, VIC, and SA. It verges on childish.

Mind you I was brought up in NZ when RU did everything they could to kill off RL. I remember getting told as a seventeen year old to make the choice between union and league by the union coach/president etc. I couldn't play both so I played league and was banned from union....what a joke.....I should have sued the ass off them.

iggy plop

First Grade
fieldo said:
I disagree with the attitude of Northern states compared with Southern states.

The Northern states are much more mature in there support of sports right from the media up. I have never seen such a seige mentality in my life as what is seen in WA, VIC, and SA. It verges on childish.

Mind you I was brought up in NZ when RU did everything they could to kill off RL. I remember getting told as a seventeen year old to make the choice between union and league by the union coach/president etc. I couldn't play both so I played league and was banned from union....what a joke.....I should have sued the ass off them.

So the yawnion pricks were at work in NZ as well. Vulgar game.

Matt M

Juniors
The WARL juniors need to be allocated to an NRL club so they have a clear pathway to the NRL. If they can't make it to the NRL then they will all just play union once this new team comes in.

AdamH

Juniors
If a Sydney team were to relocate I think they should do it gradually. Commit to 2 or 3 premiership games and a trial each year.
Do as much promotion as possible and try to get the people of Adelaide/Perth to support your

Latest posts