What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Finals 2018

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Slater got 7 weeks back in 2005 for deliberately kicking Skandalis in the head so there is a precedent set for a timeframe

Cams off field efforts last offseason if true show the blokes character, and is probably a big reason he and Cronk fell out

They are absolute dirt that club, Friend walks up to the ref with blood coming from his eye saying that he had been punched 3 times, and we never see a replay of it, should have been another man in the bin

Is funny, I remember DCE and other players getting hammered in the media for taking dives, last night was Slaters 3rd effort like that this season and not a peep about him

Couldn't agree with you more. The reason I've never been able to hate Manly is they delivered one of the greatest rugby league days of all time in 2008, one that I actually appreciate more as the years go on.

Out of interest, what did Smith do in the off-season?

It's good that a protected species like Slater can now f**k off, although I'm sure the next one is waiting just around the corner.

I just don't get how you can kick a bloke on the ground like that, how anyone could ever have that in their capabilities. Russell Packer went to jail for a not completely dissimilar act.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Couldn't agree with you more. The reason I've never been able to hate Manly is they delivered one of the greatest rugby league days of all time in 2008, one that I actually appreciate more as the years go on.

Out of interest, what did Smith do in the off-season?

It's good that a protected species like Slater can now f**k off, although I'm sure the next one is waiting just around the corner.

I just don't get how you can kick a bloke on the ground like that, how anyone could ever have that in their capabilities. Russell Packer went to jail for a not completely dissimilar act.

The rumours were that his marriage was in a bit of trouble due to having a bit of fun with one of the Fox Sports presenters last year. Smith wasn't present at Cronks wedding early on in the year either

2008, the absolute peak of League for me, doesn't get any better than that day, the deafening noise inside the ground when Beaver dotted down will stay with me forever

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
The rumours were that his marriage was in a bit of trouble due to having a bit of fun with one of the Fox Sports presenters last year. Smith wasn't present at Cronks wedding early on in the year either

2008, the absolute peak of League for me, doesn't get any better than that day, the deafening noise inside the ground when Beaver dotted down will stay with me forever

Wouldn't surprise me, he's a completely shit bloke. If it's true I hope it gets out one day. Then again, him and Slater are teflon-coated so it'd never stick.

2008 was a fun year. Our late-season winning streak, sticking it up Melbourne's arse at Olympic (after beating them at home weeks earlier), the home SF smacking of the Roosters, Storm getting steamrolled in the GF, Kiwis winning the World Cup etc.

Blair

Coach
He may have been thanking them due to their retirement vs Smith not?

Clearly Munster had studied how Manu got up from tackles all year and was placing his foot so he didn't move from marker and Manu didn't do what he normally did, clearly Manu's fault. :p

I, too, think it was the retirements he was referring to.

As for the Munster thing, you're right, representing a player at the judiciary from now on will be a walk in the park.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Cam complaining now about the disrespectful treatment of Sir Billy by the Sydney crowd haha
Cams ego gives him a false sense that he can micro manage everything in the NRL.

When youre surrounded by fans and everyone who kisses your ass, I guess you tend to forget that theres others out there that love to see you fail.

JJ

Immortal
I know logistically it didn't matter, but why wasn't he sent off?? (as opposed to binned)

And for once I wanted to see some hand bags and verbals - the Roosters were a bit underwhelming given the game was one, and the merkin put in a cheap shot

Blair

Coach
Sir Walter Lewis was treated much worse by Sydney crowds, when captaining the Kangaroos

Sir? You mean His Royal Majesty!

Seriously, it seems odd these days, but pre-1988, King Wally was playing in what was effectively a Qld Cup competition, then captaining the Roos.

Reactions: JJ

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Sir? You mean His Royal Majesty!

Seriously, it seems odd these days, but pre-1988, King Wally was playing in what was effectively a Qld Cup competition, then captaining the Roos.

Is crazy thinking back to how things were, for example reading last week how in 1993 Quentin Pongia made the Kiwis from playing club footy for Linwood

Reactions: JJ

Blair

Coach
Broncos won the inaugural women's premiership. Well done.

They knocked us out of the comp. It has to expand to all 16 teams eventually, but that will take time.

Who won NSW Cup mens?

Blair

Coach
Is crazy thinking back to how things were, for example reading last week how in 1993 Quentin Pongia made the Kiwis from playing club footy for Linwood

And then a Sydney Premiership with Canberra the following year.

Beers, beers and more beers! Best post-match interview ever from Ceary, the Roosters half.

Blair

Coach
Big turn around for TKO.
Has a premiership ring now after we (had) to let him go.

But, Phil, he was on the 'wrong path' in Auckland (apparently). So good on Matt Elliott for identifying that. We also shouldn't discount him coming back to the Warriors as the finished article either.

SST that is, not Elliott!

Broncos won the inaugural women's premiership. Well done.

They knocked us out of the comp. It has to expand to all 16 teams eventually, but that will take time.

Who won NSW Cup mens?

Bulldogs and they also won the interstate cup thing.

Last edited:
But, Phil, he was on the 'wrong path' in Auckland (apparently). So good on Matt Elliott for identifying that. We also shouldn't discount him coming back to the Warriors as the finished article either.

SST that is, not Elliott!

Yes, mixed up with gangs apparently.
Happy for him.

Fine only for a kick in the head, that'll do me
Pathetic
They talk (I think) about wanting to make the game attractive to the soccer moms wanting their kids to play league.
A lot of non regular fans watch Grand Final, now they saw that kick.

$1400 would be a days pay for him?

A few examples that come to mind that went underpunished this year.
Fafita's on field rant.
Fafita and Duggan on podcast swearing.
Sam's (account) video nudity.

Yet Bulldogs get a $250k fine.
Which is probably about right.

Latest posts