What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Finals 2022

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Devil's advocate, it was completely up to the vagaries of time as to when his guilty verdict was passed down. It just happened to be in late winter, before finals. So to be honest, I'm OK with it. It's not like a spear tackle that happened last week.
Agree with Penrose on this one. With the uncertainty around how long legal stuff takes it makes sense to make suspensions in these circumstances something to be served during the regular season only.

Blair

Coach
Four top notch games this weekend, pretty exciting tbh
Is it Friday yet?! Bugger me, it seems so far away.

The wife of an Eels nut I know said he's 'been acting funny all week, tense, not really talking, forgetting things, then a bit snappy, blabbering about nothing, overly-emotional, etc'.

I miss that feeling!

Is it Friday yet?! Bugger me, it seems so far away.

The wife of an Eels nut I know said he's 'been acting funny all week, tense, not really talking, forgetting things, then a bit snappy, blabbering about nothing, overly-emotional, etc'.

I miss that feeling!
Dementia or a stoke?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Devils advocate again, didn’t we have Anthony Milford not allowed to play while awaiting trial, charges against him dropped, and with no guilty charge against him, the NRL still made him wait a few weeks before being allowed to play
Yeah, let's not for a second pretend there's any consistency. Brett Stewart all those years ago, and plenty of examples now where some are stood down pending trial, and others are not.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Before the 2002 GF I remember vomiting in the dunnies at work. It was about five pm!

Do we really want to play finals?
YES!

I remember the days of finals. Your whole week revolved around them. You read news articles until you dropped, sweated on team namings, the tense feeling got deeper and deeper as the week went on, you woke up on game day and thought of nothing else, it was just the f**king best. I had the added joy of being in the media and being 'inside the camp' during 2007-2008, it was AWESOME.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Yeah, let's not for a second pretend there's any consistency. Brett Stewart all those years ago, and plenty of examples now where some are stood down pending trial, and others are not.

360 last night said they put some phone calls in, firstly Annesley who couldn’t provide them with an answer on this decision, so they got hold of other officials who also couldn’t answer questions they were asked lol, other than saying “finals games are worth more than regular games”. In that case Lindsay Collins should probably get a run this weekend

360 last night said they put some phone calls in, firstly Annesley who couldn’t provide them with an answer on this decision, so they got hold of other officials who also couldn’t answer questions they were asked lol, other than saying “finals games are worth more than regular games”. In that case Lindsay Collins should probably get a run this weekend
Apparently a captains call by Peter V’landys, comparing it to race horsing when jocky banned mid carnival can finish it and serve ban later!
What a f**ken joke.
Someone needs to sack themselves!

Blair

Coach
Maybe I'm just tired tonight from work - it was a helluva week - but I'm feeling extra bitter at the moment about our glorious club giving us all this finals action over the last eleven years (not).

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Before the 2002 GF I remember vomiting in the dunnies at work. It was about five pm!

Do we really want to play finals?

Not league, I don't think anything will ever be worse, nerves wise as that 2011 RWC final when the ABs finally broke their world cup hoodoo. that game was just a hideous dour slugfest and at one point towards the end I had to leave the pub and go and stand outside to calm my nerves. I think I only relaxed when there was maybe 2 min to go and you could see our forwards were goign to just run the clock down.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
That last hour or so in the lead up to the grand final is the big one, body can’t stop moving as your just waiting for the rumble to get underway

we have lost the Queen this morning, and I hope Queen Gutho goes down tonight too

Blair

Coach
...I hope Queen Gutho goes down tonight too.
I had a chuckle during the captains' roll out earlier this week. I looked at 'Queen Gutho' and thought of you. He's a bit too much, ay! The hair, the stance, the 'princely demeanor'.

Let's hope Parra turn up tonight though, I want an exciting game. Most people reckon Parra will be tough but I'm not so sure. They're capable of being rubbish.

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
What a great finals series this could be

Penrith are a class above imo, but some of these teams are incredibly dangerous in one off games. I don’t think any set of results this weekend would be a huge surprise

be great if Melbourne were tipped out tbh

Blair

Coach
What a great finals series this could be

Penrith are a class above imo, but some of these teams are incredibly dangerous in one off games. I don’t think any set of results this weekend would be a huge surprise

be great if Melbourne were tipped out tbh.
I'm watching all the Panthers and Eels fans stream into the RSL just now. This one feels like the GF.

Plus, Friday always comes around, doesn't it? Mid-week I was in despair, now the sun's settting and I'm already on my third Stella Artois. I'd love an Eels upset but - and this is the embittered Warriors fan coming out - I'd also like them to endure another year of pain!