What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Finals 2024

Blair

Coach
It's on again! No Wahs, boo hoo.

Friday 7:50 pm: Panthers v Roosters at Penrith.
Saturday 4:05 pm: Storm v Sharks at Melbourne.
Saturday 7:30 pm: Cowboys v Knights at Townsville.
Sunday 4 pm: Bulldogs v Sea Eagles at Homebush.

Let's do it.

Last edited:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Geez, I apologise to JJ to whom I said the standard was up this year...if Newcastle make the 8 with that woeful stat, it's clearly not true. The Knights beat the Storm in round 3, and never beat a top 8 side after that.

Should be said, however, that they did drop only 3 games to sides outside the 8, and only 1 after round 4 (losing to us).

Very similar formula to us last year, we didn't beat any top 4 sides in the regular season but were pretty consistent v sides below us.

Any side who didn't make the eight should feel down on themselves, the Knights are so bog average. ,

Reactions: JJ

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I probably come from a different angle with the Knights, all pundits say they are a 1 man side, and Ponga was out for a massive chunk of this season, so to actually manage to hang in enough until he came back while all the others were doing the Bradbury is a handy effort. Had to have plenty go in their favour to have that opportunity though

JJ

Immortal
A lot depends on whether Penrith can hit the go switch… their pack is awesome but has often seemed disinterested, and Cleary has hardly played all year. The stats suggest the Bondi boys are pretenders…. Imo Penrith remain the best side, but whether they’re as desperate as they need to be will be interesting

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
On the flip-side of my comments about Bennett/Dolphins, it's funny how O'Brien is widely perceived as a dud coach and yet for me the Knights have overachieved the last two years.

Latest posts