What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Finals 2024

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Crazy stats at HT

Watson 41 tackles

Tedesco has the most metres for the Roosters with 54, 12 Panthers players have more than 54m

Blair

Coach
24-0, Panthers. Halftime. It wouldn't be over if it was the Warriors with that lead. But it's not us out there it's Penrith.

It's over. Nighty night.

Blair

Coach
Chooks have hit back. 24-10, but you feel that's all they have and that Penrith will finish it sooner or later.

The 24 unanswered points in the first half killed this final.

A tough call on a forward pass on Roosters that could have made it interesting.
Panthers out it to bed with a try. Making it a 20 point game with 8 to go.

Blair

Coach
30-10, Panthers. Final.

A bit predictable, clinical. I think I'm ready for a change this year.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
The Roosters are a shadow of the 18-19 side, even with Smith and Walker they'd be pretenders. You have to be so good and prepared to match Penriths intensity in finals, and the Roosters ain't that

Meth

Staff member
I heard Gould say earlier in the week re the teams playing the Panthers or Storm, 'they can't win it in the first 20 minutes, but they can certainly lose it' and that's exactly what happened last night.

Big Marn

Bench
That Edwards run in the second half. It was like watching a punt return in the NFL except none of his teammates were allowed to block. Sublime. Hes supposed to be playing on one leg isnt he?

JJ

Immortal
I might be mis-reading it a bit, but I've been watching league since the last Eels premiership - which of course was an iconic side, and Kenny remains a huge favourite of mine. But what this Penrith team has done is unmatched imo, to me they are clearly the greatest side across that era - better than those Eels and Dogs sides, better than the Raiders and Broncos of the 90s, and better than the great Storm sides - 4 GFs in a row, 3 premierships, fair amount of talent lost and they still have to be the favourites if they can keep their best line ups on the field. But, my point really is, they don't seem to get the love/respect that all those sides I listed do - I get why people are nostalgic about the brilliance of the Eels/Raiders/Broncos, but they too were systematic about their games, and obviously the Dogs were brutal (which I loved), and the Storm - well I respect the teams, but yeah... Penrith have done an amazing job in developing talent, have amazing systems at all levels, and even when losing important cogs like Crichton, Kikau, Api have been relatively unaffected - even long periods without Cleary... it's staggering really (of course I am biased as early on I developed an affinity for the Choccy Soldiers)

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I might be mis-reading it a bit, but I've been watching league since the last Eels premiership - which of course was an iconic side, and Kenny remains a huge favourite of mine. But what this Penrith team has done is unmatched imo, to me they are clearly the greatest side across that era - better than those Eels and Dogs sides, better than the Raiders and Broncos of the 90s, and better than the great Storm sides - 4 GFs in a row, 3 premierships, fair amount of talent lost and they still have to be the favourites if they can keep their best line ups on the field. But, my point really is, they don't seem to get the love/respect that all those sides I listed do - I get why people are nostalgic about the brilliance of the Eels/Raiders/Broncos, but they too were systematic about their games, and obviously the Dogs were brutal (which I loved), and the Storm - well I respect the teams, but yeah... Penrith have done an amazing job in developing talent, have amazing systems at all levels, and even when losing important cogs like Crichton, Kikau, Api have been relatively unaffected - even long periods without Cleary... it's staggering really (of course I am biased as early on I developed an affinity for the Choccy Soldiers)
Probably has a lot to do with styles of the sides you mentioned, the Panthers you know what is coming and it is very hard to stop, but few players you would tune into a game to watch, Cleary obviously the standout. Not sure if you call it luck or good management, probably a slice of both, 4th year in a row they are in the bottom couple injury wise which has been absolutely huge.

The Raiders and Broncos sides people reminisce about, Mullins, Nadruku, Meninga, Renouf, Langer, Daley, Stuart etc were always on the verge of producing a spectacular moment out of nowhere. Must be 30 years on now, but we can probably all recall that Mullins 4 try game where he scored 2 100m tries etc, and it’s the era where we had the most attractive footy to watch

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Absolutely massive game for the competition today. A Sharks win will absolutely turn the competition on its head, putting the Storm and Panthers on the same side of the draw and meaning 1 of Sharks/Roosters/Manly/Dogs play in the Grand final

Storm will have plenty to say about that of course, but “Up Up Cronulla, the boys in the black white and blue”

Blair

Coach
A horror show start by Cronulla, spilling the kick-off and letting Munster score easily.

6-0.

Latest posts