What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Hall of Fame 2024 + 14th Immortal

Nutz

Bench
Ruben Wiki is already a member of the NRL Hall of Fame. He was part of the last group inducted back in 2019 -

Yep I knew that mate.. Super nice guy too, nice family, tough as the steaks I cook.
I was eluding to the fact that anyone who plays 300 games deserves all the accolades they get, especially from eras when body preservation meant little.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
JT isn't good enough to be an Immortal. Not even close.
Someone like Cronk is interesting (if you accept the cheating and I certainly don't)

Fangs

Coach
Centres and forwards inducted last time.

I think we will see Cameron Smith and potentially someone prolific like Irvine.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Thanks PF for a great reply. I knew about all those you have mentioned and that prompted me to question the English selections.
I'm a true blue Aussie but I think to create international interest and keep the league strong all around the world, maybe we should start to include an international flavour for those special players who promote our game IN Australia.
The selection criteria is all about what has that person has achieved to promote the game here on and off the field.
I said Gareth Ellis because I'm biased but I'm unsure what he's done other than play good footy for my tigers....but he was a huge draw card as was Ellery Hanley.
Women I'd be looking at Kezzie Apps (spelling) but I'm ignorant to their feats.

Ellis was one of the reasons the Tigers did well for that 3-4 period under Sheens. Great buy for them

I wouldnt rule him out but they'll probably go with bigger names like Reilly, Hanley, maybe Burgess.

mongoose

Coach
JT isn't good enough to be an Immortal. Not even close.
Someone like Cronk is interesting (if you accept the cheating and I certainly don't)
I think he's close... I rate him higher than Cronk. Cronk may have more premierships but JT was picked ahead of him for QLD.

Billythekid

First Grade
JT was essentially the best half of his generation and frankly took a club who was an absolute basket case into being one of the high performing clubs. He also helped lead QLD to their ridiculous win streak.

I don’t know about this year but he absolutely is good enough.

Nutz

Bench
Should someone who has admitted using or found guilty of using illicit substances or performance enhancing drugs be exempt for Immortal or HoF status?

Nutz

Bench
Immortals need to be the absolute best of the best. Cam Smith definitely. I’d say Lockyer aswell. Thurston, Slater and Cronk are the next tier and shouldn’t be immortals imo.
Yes that's right, so immortals should be selected after intense scrutiny. Once a player has been inducted then if later it proves to be a bad decision then it makes the whole process tainted.
Inductees should not be rushed into it just because it's been a while since the last appointee.
Immortals should be selected from the hall of fame list once intense scrutiny has run it's course..
I do support catching up as the scrutiny period has well and truly been done.

Scott

Bench
This is an interesting one.

Cameron Smith is the obvious one to be made an immortal. I favour going back and recognising the past.
I'd be okay with any of Coote, Sterling or Kenny being made an Immortal.