What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Hall of Fame 2024 + 14th Immortal

Vee

First Grade
Is Brad Clyde really on that level? Genuine question. Didn’t he have some great years to begin with and then injury stopped him from becoming an all time great?
Fair call. He was as good as it gets early on, always taking ruck after the kick return and so many lb and lba with his late step at the line. A wonderful player but probably not an Immortal.

no name

Coach
Come on he's been great for your Titans.....
No wonder they aren’t successful, throwing money at Meninga to do nothing.
I heard him speak at a function before one of the Titans games and he was asked what he had been doing as part of his role. Pretty sure it was round 1 of 2019. He was saying how he had implemented some catch phrase AIM or some other acronym.
The Titans got absolutely smashed that day and ended up with the spoon for the year, yet the big fella managed another 4 or 5 years of getting paid.

_Johnsy

Referee
No wonder they aren’t successful, throwing money at Meninga to do nothing.
I heard him speak at a function before one of the Titans games and he was asked what he had been doing as part of his role. Pretty sure it was round 1 of 2019. He was saying how he had implemented some catch phrase AIM or some other acronym.
The Titans got absolutely smashed that day and ended up with the spoon for the year, yet the big fella managed another 4 or 5 years of getting paid.
Have you heard him commentate, absolutely struggles to string a coherent sentence together. Outside his playing career, they guy is a fraud.

no name

Coach
I just noticed it only has 2014 premiership winner for GI. Did they leave out the over the cap years for the other Storm players as well?

King hit

Coach
Freddy was great but he's not an immortal imo. Lost 3 out of 4 grand finals with the Roosters, went missing in some origin series' where NSW were heavily favoured to win (1995, 2001). Never won Dally M player of the year although he was robbed of the CC medal in 2002.

For the record I don't believe Daley is immortal status either as much as i love him as a player. I would probably have Lockyer over both of them despite his defensive weaknesses.
To be fair to Fittler in 95 it’s impossible to focus when you’re in court and the coach isn’t even there and is fighting the biggest media company in the world. I remember his story the night before game 3 that him and the chief were in their hotel and the rest of the team were just f**king around on the pokies all night. Right at that moment they knew they were done.