What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL in trouble, Football has arrived

Jason Maher

Immortal
Um... the Storm are owned by News Ltd., who just happen to own 50% of the NRL (currently). Personally I can't wait for the day this conflict of interest disappears due to News finally pissing off from the NRL.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Um... the Storm are owned by News Ltd., who just happen to own 50% of the NRL (currently). Personally I can't wait for the day this conflict of interest disappears due to News finally pissing off from the NRL.

so ........

news own the Storm .... not the NRL
the NRL make ZERO decisions about ownership of the Storm

thats news responsibility 100%

Raiderdave

First Grade
who owns the melbourne storm ... and how long would the storm survive if they stopped supporting them ?

(hint) less time than it took you to read this .

:?
their football dept turned a small operating profit last season
so in answering your question........
a fair bit longer then dimwits like you think

off you trot :crazy::crazy:

no no .... not around in circles
you look like an idiot

oh. what was I thinking .. you are an idiot ;-)

Red Bear

Referee
Thread is classic thread worthy.

I like soccer, but due to a few different factors (mainly money and the fact that it is well below the standards of the best leagues, compared with RL and AFL comps) the A-League will never be a large competition. Not to mention the fact it takes more than 6 years to build a tradition and sense of attachment to a team across a large fan base.

Billybob

Juniors
The reason I feel that the fury would never survive is the fact that Townsville and North Qld are emotionally drained from supporting the Cowboys and the Crocs for too many years

Everytime you pick up the paper its always bad news, endless floggings etc

a third team to pin your hopes to when the other two are sh*t just doesnt work

Or maybe that's just my feelings , because that is why I couldn't give a sh*t about the Fury getting the ass

Now lets go Cowboys and Crocs !!!!!!

BDGS

Bench
:?
their football dept turned a small operating profit last season
so in answering your question........
a fair bit longer then dimwits like you think

off you trot :crazy::crazy:

no no .... not around in circles
you look like an idiot

oh. what was I thinking .. you are an idiot ;-)

Gerry Ryan also wants to buy the club, he will buy the club when News limited leaves the club. Gerry is very rich himself.

Latest posts