What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL introduces Spectator Code of Conduct

Chins get the wins

First Grade
To be fair the attitudes of fan bases is very different. Sokkah fans will organise league wide boycotts and walkouts. NRL fans sort of just accept things. That said the A-League has a dreadful TV deal making it more vulnerable to fans not showing up.
It's also an awful quality product

T-Boon

Coach
In my day I liked to stomp on heads but it’s a different time. I am okay with this.

Wizardman

First Grade
After a few incidents in the last couple of years (mostly around racial abuse) I think this is purely a legal thing to help strengthen the NRL's case if they want to bring action against someone.
This post is absolutely on point.

If you are a person who drops lots of expletives at players and refs and are not being overly personal, this is not aimed at you. This is not aimed at a majority of people who attend the football.
This is aimed at an ugly minority of people who use homophobic, religious or racial insults towards people who are at an NRL game. It is also aimed at those few who deliver vile and personal insults towards a player or their family. Frankly, I don't want those type of grubs at a rugby league game either.

Chins get the wins

First Grade

If you are a person who drops lots of expletives at players and refs and are not being overly personal, this is not aimed at you. This is not aimed at a majority of people who attend the football.
This is aimed at an ugly minority of people who use homophobic, religious or racial insults towards people who are at an NRL game. It is also aimed at those few who deliver vile and personal insults towards a player or their family. Frankly, I don't want those type of grubs at a rugby league game either.
Depends on the player. Scum like JDB or Lodge deserve to cop abuse

Wizardman

First Grade
Depends on the player. Scum like JDB or Lodge deserve to cop abuse
Massive difference between insulting Jackson Hastings sister and insulting Lodge for his prior actions. This code of conduct is much more aimed at the type that hassled Hastings.

Last edited:

Canard

Immortal

That's likely the intent, and the place it was developed from.

Will it be applied like this though.

Does one out of three make me a bad person?

The Rosco

Bench
So . . . if you can't call players "useless merkins" . . . Parra better have a new halfback lined up for a mid-season call up.

gerg

Juniors
More people watching on TV seems to be the long term plan
It sounds to me like an attempt to stop dickheads from hurling abuse and obscenities at games. I remember going to a game about 15 years ago with my dad, brother and nephew who was about 6 y/o. This absolute gronk was screaming out the c word at the top of their lungs. Being responsible and positive role models my brother and I politely threatened to perform some dentistry work on the young man. He ignored us and carried on, but then his two mates shot through and he quickly shut his gob and a few minutes later he found himself another seat.
We all love a bit of banter at games, or at LU but people with a potty mouth aren't required.

Reflector

Juniors
You are not a bad person if you sledge the homophobic Christians. Any other religion that has homophobia as part of its practice, it will make you a bad person.
> Why yes I do have a Free Palestine filter on my FB profile, why do you ask?

Latest posts