What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL livesport TV

Arucard

Juniors
Hope someone can help me out here.
NRL.livesport.tv doesnt seem to have the rights for the 2013 NRL season.
Does anyone know the new official website for the NRL to stream their matches for us overseas?

Yosh

Coach
Hey all!

I'm currently living overseas and I have been using www.livenrl.tv to watch my league. It's got a good deal and the quality was good and the games were all on line.

However, this year, they aren't showing the games for the 2013 season :x

I was wondering if people knew of another site where I can watch games? I prefer paid sites that have good quality videos.

Thanks in advanced,
Joe

walter3000

Juniors
The NRL emailed me, there will be an NRL UStream channel unveiled near season commencement. IT will show live games and replays

PacificCoastRL

Juniors
I just took a quick look at UStream and because I'm not real computer savvy I'm not sure what I'm seeing. What I gather, and I could be wrong, is that it costs $99 a month, which is a lot more than I paid to watch on livenrl. Am I missing something? Do the prices quoted allow you to watch UStream 24/7? Will I be able to pay a lesser fee to watch just the NRL? Thanks for any answers to my questions.

twocells

Juniors
I think it's free to watch. The $99 a month subscription is for people who want to broadcast their content/services.

I'd just wish the NRL would get their act together and give us some details on where we can access the games.

Paullyboy

Coach
It's ridiculous how poorly they organise things like this. I really don't want to have to watch a crappy stream with ad pop-ups every few seconds.

Titanic

First Grade
Guys, the NRL has advised that from today something called Setanta Sport Plus was to be launched to provide online content internationally. I have seen nothing so far except the same old Setanta streaming options but will give it until Monday before I start harassing them again.
Thanks for your email.

Setanta-I will be replaced by a new online service “Setanta Sports Plus” from March 1st and every NRL match will be shown live on this service.

This service will be available to supporters in China free of charge.

More details will be posted on our website at www.nrl.com prior to the commencement of the Premiership season.

We thank you for your support of the game.

and

[FONT=&quot]Thanks for your email. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Supporters in China will have access to all games, live, via Setanta. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Setanta-I will be replaced by a new online service “Setanta Sports Plus” from March 1st and every NRL match will be shown live on this service. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Supporters will have the option of watching via television or online. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I hope this assists with your query, and we thank you for your support of the game.
[/FONT]

Last edited:

CougarSaint

Juniors
Got the same response from the NRL Titanic. Will be interesting to see how it works. I'm a bit skeptical as I-Setanta, which was a paid service, was terrible compared to Livenrl.tv. Now its free, I'm a bit worried the service will be even worse. Guess we'll just have to see.

And PacificCoastRL, you wouldn't pay $99 to get all NRL games live for a whole season? Mate, I'd pay double that for a good service and some. I really don't think the NRL understand the commercial potential of a good streaming service for international customers. It should also extend to any game that isn't being shown live in the regions that Setanta (or whoever has the tv broadcast right) broadcasts on tv.

Still, let's hope that Setanta Sports Plus is the goods. Can't complain with free if the service is good. There's also the NRL apps that are supposed to show all game live as well. They should be available pretty soon on both iPhone and Android. Not sure if they'll be region restricted but there's always ways around that.

Cheers.

Titanic

First Grade
Yep I-Setanta is crap ... I certainly don't mind paying and I do through DishHD where I get Setanta via satellite in HD but they are saying 5 games per week and that will most likely exclude the Titans :(

Last edited:

Arucard

Juniors
What about replays?
Its not always possible to watch games live due to work and other commitments. I hope this new service has replays like the old NRLTV one did.

Paullyboy

Coach
Exactly.

People overseas usually can't watch them all live, so they need an on demand function. I get the impression they used to do that? I know the NFL did it perfectly this season and could only dream of an NRL equivalent.

CougarSaint

Juniors
Exactly guys, so much opportunity to provide all types of services and the internet's flexibility allows for just that. I'll wait and see what this new Setanta Sports Plus brings before making any further judgement. Getting a bit nervous though, well under a week to go and not even a mention of it anywhere other than through the NRL emails.

PacificCoastRL

Juniors
Cougar Saint - no that was $99 a month, not a season. But apparently that is for people who want to broadcast their own content. I paid between $14 - $20 per month (depending on the Canadian dollar's rate) with livenrl. I'd be happy to pay double that per month if I knew the games were archived. If I had to watch them live I wouldn't get the service. Most games start between 1-2 am where I live. Too late for me. The only games that air at a reasonable time where I live are the afternoon games, which come on between 9-10 pm here. And there are very few of those.

CougarSaint

Juniors
Fair call then Pacific, apologies for misinterpreting.

Still no development on the setanta sports plus site. Still says coming soon.

I did find this which is streaming the NRL for some regions, http://new.livestream.com/home

The NRL website has the regions that it will stream to.

The NRL app was also launched and has live content at $99 for the year. Again, not sure if region restricted as I haven't downloaded yet. It's free to download, juts have to pay for the additional content.

Should be a cracking game this afternoon!

CougarSaint

Juniors
So we're blocked in Asia for livestream and Setanta still isn't up. Great work NRL!

Paully, what VPN do you use?

Cheers.

Latest posts