What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Mafia II

Dutchy

Immortal
I would have loved some way of getting Micky to target Dutchy or Fred & then targeting him without making it obvious in the thread. Sort of defeats the purpose of playing as town though. Some of the info in the writeups has me baffled, I assume mafia had some input to the writeups?

no, but my power was the same as yours.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Breakdown of powers

Town

- Cliffhanger: Roleblock. Showed up as scum if investigated.
- mickyj: Protect.
- SGLC: Odd night killer. Survived first kill attempt.
- soc123_au: Screwed up actions (kill became protect, protect was kill, investigates returned false info). Double vote.
- Rebel: Redirect. Showed up as NZ aligned. Also had a 'bomb' he could drop on a player to kill any players targeting them that night.
- Drew-Sta: Could steal from players to learn their identity. Absorbed the powers of anybody who died after he'd stolen from them. 50% chance of being untargetable at night. Showed up as scum if investigated.
- Bazal: Could 'boost' a player's ability. Doubled some powers (kills and investigates) and enhanced others (protect also protected the protector, for example).
- SeeJay: Dual role-block/protect.
- whall15: Investigator.
- DB: Could track a player and give a +4 vote against them if he chose. Would die if this lead to a townie being lynched. Also had the one off ability to cancel a lynch if it would result in a town player dying (he didn't know, so he had to risk losing the power) and an auto-lynch. Showed up as scum if investigated.
- Slackboy: Even night killer. Showed up as scum if investigated. Could auto-lynch somebody who had voted for him in a lynch.
- Parra Pride: Learned the identity of anybody who targeted him. Hodor. Mass role-block (superbowl party). One off kill immunity he could activate that would also kill anybody targeting him. One off resurrect.

Mafia

- AFS: Killer. One off 'cattle dog' to cancel a lynch in progress.
- Fred: Could not die while AFS lived. Redirect. Could cancel an in progress lynch by posting a whinging diatribe. A single player he nominated would die the next night.
- Dutchy: Could f**k up a player's action. Showed up as town if investigated. Could 'bomb' a player - silencing them or, if they had been targeted by others that night, killing them. Only worked once.

Indy

- Hoggmaster: Hodor. Double vote while his Hodor lived. Showed up as town if investigated. 50% chance to avoid night actions. Could roleblock, redirect, or protect each night. Nominated two players a night - if they died, he would beat up their girlfriend. Needed five to win, but only got one.

soc123_au

Staff member
One of the writeups mentioned a half in a maroon jersey. That was what got me on the Toovey track once you claimed a position. Regardless, well played. I swallowed that hook, line & sinker.

Dutchy

Immortal
Soc, I just read through and did a search.

Mis typed maroon twice, both in reference to Steve Menzies.

You f**ked up Soccy.

soc123_au

Staff member
I was sure I read Maroon in reference to a half. must have gotten mixed up somewhere, Slackboy will be pleased at least.

Slackboy72

Coach
It was a lost cause once the great Jarryd Hayne was killed.

Losing Hayne was avoidable if certain people had of used their heads.
Losing Whall was avoidable.
Losing Drew was avoidable.

It was town derping town on the flimsiest of suspicions. Just too hard to figure shit out when you spend all your time trying to stop soc sabotaging than figuring shit out with the grown ups in town. Hell I had no idea that SG was town and he gave no indication to anyone that he may have been. I should have autolynched our f**k up instead.

Exactly how town never targeted Fred once still staggers my mind.

Mind you too many BS powers especially with the bad boy rubbish. We were so far off from getting anywhere near winning this.

Misanthrope

Staff member

It was town derping town on the flimsiest of suspicions. Just too hard to figure shit out when you spend all your time trying to stop soc sabotaging than figuring shit out with the grown ups in town. Hell I had no idea that SG was town and he gave no indication to anyone that he may have been. I should have autolynched our f**k up instead.

Mind you too many BS powers especially with the bad boy rubbish. We were so far off from getting anywhere near winning this.

The fake alignments ultimately didn't play a part, as SGLC killed your investigator on night one.

soc123_au

Staff member

Have a bex & lie down.

mickyj

Bench
the drew lynch was stupid
it was so obvious mafia thinking they had in in the bag and getting ride of their threat
I still can't believe how quickly some people jumped on it

Drew-Sta

Staff member
the drew lynch was stupid
it was so obvious mafia thinking they had in in the bag and getting ride of their threat
I still can't believe how quickly some people jumped on it

The timing of the lynch was a dead giveaway. There is no sensible lynch made at 3am or whatever it was.

Dutchy

Immortal
If it was so obvious why didn't you call me out on it or lynch me the following day?

Instead you followed me and voted Hogg.

You jumped on both without much resistance too.

mickyj

Bench
If it was so obvious why didn't you call me out on it or lynch me the following day?

Instead you followed me and voted Hogg.

You jumped on both without much resistance too.

I did not vote for Drew at all. But hay don't let the truth ruin your story.
I was suss on Hogg from the beginning and raised it a number of times but many were defending him.