What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nrl plans for a 20 team comp

Wb1234

Referee
Our game is basing its expansion footprint on politics, too. It could very well come back to bite the game on the arse.

The ARLC boxed itself in a corner when it tried to force players to wear a jersey promoting homosexuality. There are a lot of devoutly Christian Polynesian players who took offence because it goes against their religion.
PNG nrl side is all politics

So is Perth

PNG nrl side is all politics

So is Perth
It could backfire spectacularly on us in the long run. If the Perth team doesn't generate as much money from tourism as the WA Gov is banking on then the amount of support they provide will probably drop considerably. We don't know how much community support there will be for a Perth-based team once the novelty of it wears off and the Eagles and Dockers find some form. It could be worse than the Titans.

I don't know what to make of PNG. It will struggle to recruit quality players and rely on handouts for decades. So far we've only got a 10 year commitment from Albo. If it goes wrong then the problems it will cause the NRL will make AwFuL's investment in the Giants and Suns look small.

Brian potter

Bench
Go flog yourself mate. And go get a hiding on the 4 corners thread while you’re at it. You are considered a mental Pygmy there. And stay on topic here instead of flogging off your miserable pommie commie agenda. Whinging turd.
talking on behalf of others again I see mate.

as for staying on topic one of the favourite bids for expansion is purely based on geopolitics so you’re just plain wrong again.

If you really wanted to help the people of PNG then you’d support Chinese investment and infrastructure projects instead of an absurd vanity project destined to fail.
If the PNG Gov provides tax cuts to anyone who plays for a Port Moresby-based team then people should protest against it. An NRL player who pays tax can help the PNG Gov fund infrastructure projects that benefit the country.

MugaB

Coach
Why are @Vlad59 and @MugaB having a hissyfit?

Neither of them started the thread!

WB started the thread. If he's happy to talk about politics then that's his perogative. If the other two don't like it then they're free to f**k off.
Here's the thing, we all have notifications for the expansion threads, you guys being the cowards you are want to speak about shit most people try not to avoid, purely coming to the threads to talk about real issues affecting our beloved sport along with.... ahhh... f**k it you wouldn't understand due to me not talking in fluent potato ... spud, potatoes, pot tatters, toe pot spuds spuddly

20230210_130511.jpg

Wb1234

Referee
The Nazis were disgusted by the horrible way the Croats massacred large numbers of Serbs in concentration camps.

Israel is doing the same thing to Palestinians.
al
It could backfire spectacularly on us in the long run. If the Perth team doesn't generate as much money from tourism as the WA Gov is banking on then the amount of support they provide will probably drop considerably. We don't know how much community support there will be for a Perth-based team once the novelty of it wears off and the Eagles and Dockers find some form. It could be worse than the Titans.

I don't know what to make of PNG. It will struggle to recruit quality players and rely on handouts for decades. So far we've only got a 10 year commitment from Albo. If it goes wrong then the problems it will cause the NRL will make AwFuL's investment in the Giants and Suns look small.
I trust pvl to make the right decision

We don’t have all the info he does

Andrew hill has said his bid will be a strong one

Wb1234

Referee
Why are @Vlad59 and @MugaB having a hissyfit?

Neither of them started the thread!

WB started the thread. If he's happy to talk about politics then that's his perogative. If the other two don't like it then they're free to f**k off.
Exactly

there five other such threads which vlad doesn’t contribute too but he’s dogging my thread with zero contribution

someone tell that dope mugab about the unwatch button

ciao Bella

Latest posts