What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Preview - Eels vs Raiders

Gronk

Staff member
Eels Vs Raiders Preview

Wednesday, April 4, 2007 - 2:15 PM
Kick off 7:30pm (Local)
FOX SPORTS 3 - LIVE
Referee: Gavin Badger
Video Referee: Steve Nash
Sideline Officials: Peter Kirby, Jeff Younis

Once again, the Raiders will be out to make a mockery of wooden spoon betting.

Form: Parramatta created few opportunities of their own abut capitalised on the Tigers’ “scraps” to claim a fluky victory. Canberra produced a controlled and precise effort to slam the Knights 48-18 last Monday night.

History: Bolstered by Parramatta cast-offs, the Raiders took special joy in beating the Eels (winning five of the past seven clashes) but these days Canberra is an Eel-free zone.
Danger sign: The exuberance of the Raiders. They have two 20-year-olds running the show (Dobson and Carney) and another (Zillman) capitalising on their handiwork.

Best Bet? The Eels have not scored a point inside the 24-minute mark this season. Take a Canberra try or penalty goal as First Scoring Play.

Money-spinner: William Zillman’s three-try effort against the Knights makes him an ideal candidate for First Tryscorer.

http://www.nrl.com/Clubs/Eels/EelsNewsArticle/tabid/121/NewsId/4431/Default.aspx

DanceMaster2000

Juniors
f**k me dead Canberra are sh*tting me. Yes they have some good juniors, but i'd like to thin from our Flegg & Premier league teams of the past year that we have better.

Gronk

Staff member
FROSTY319 said:
'to claim a fluky victory'

Wtf was fluky about it ?

Well apparantly EVERY golden point victory herinafter by a team will be a fluke. :roll:

DanceMaster2000

Juniors
Who cares, it was the type of win we needed. How many times do you see wins like that then the team hits a wining streak, it was gutsy, that was the best sign.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Flukey win, who gives a toss. I'd take another flukey win this weekend, 2 points is 2 points.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think it's idiotic for a reporter to slam an out of form team capitalising on a dubious refereeing call which won them the match as "flukey"...