What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL probes alleged salary cap breach involving Gold Coast Titans Skipper Prince

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...per-scott-prince/story-e6frfgbo-1225846107839

NRL probes alleged salary cap breach involving Gold Coast Titans Skipper Scott Prince

* By James Hooper and Josh Massoud
* March 26, 2010 4:55PM

THE NRL is investigating an alleged salary cap breach involving Gold Coast Titans skipper Scott Prince.

A special Daily Telegraph investigation has received allegations from a former club sponsor which claims it had an agreement to build Prince a new $400,000 house, free-of-charge.

Both Prince and the Titans have denied the claims through their lawyer.

The full story - including exclusive evidence and documents - will be revealed in tomorrow’s Daily Telegraph.

The NRL this afternoon confirmed it would pass the claims on to salary cap auditor Ian Schubert for investigation.

"We will certainly look into it further but at this stage we've spoken to Michael Searle and he strongly denies any breach of the cap and has offered complete access to the salary cap auditor to examine all accounts,'' NRL chief executive David Gallop said.

"We're always happy in the mean time to receive any information that people wish to bring forward.''

El Diablo

Post Whore
not sure if the DT has ever been right about some of their bs stories

my money is on it being legit and another DT fail

Eelectrica

Referee
This would be payback from Simcorp I over the Centre of Excellence deal.
I'd be very surprised if it's true.
If it is true, I think Searle goes from genius to king of all dunces very quickly.

stuke

Bench
for the future of the Gold Coast I hope this isn't true. their previous incarnations have been a rabble but this time they have appeared to get everything right. they worried me when they started flying Jonah Lomu around in helicopters but everything else has seemed to be great from a young club establishing themselves.

GongPanther

Referee
And while he is at it,Ian Schubert can entertain us with his thoughts on how the salary cap is working so beautifully for the Melbourne Storm after their fourth appearance in a Grand Final.:roll:

The Dominator

Juniors
The rags throw a lot of crap around but they rarely get stories like this wrong. They have teams of lawyers at the ready to provide advice on the potential for libel.

It would explain the Hannant situation....that's for sure.

Danish

Referee
bullsh*t they don't get this stuff wrong.

This is the same paper that plasters tigers pack rape across the front page.

I'll believe it when someone other than the tele starts reporting some facts. DT exclusives are usually nonsense

The Dominator

Juniors
This has nothing to do with the DT, it is Simcorp, i have no doubt.

Do Simcorp build houses?

I thought it might be that other mob that sponsored them whose boss died in a car crash?? Can't remember names, but they are into residential real estate.

Last edited:

The Dominator

Juniors
bullsh*t they don't get this stuff wrong.

This is the same paper that plasters tigers pack rape across the front page.

I'll believe it when someone other than the tele starts reporting some facts. DT exclusives are usually nonsense

There is a big difference between reporting an alleged incident reported by "a victim" compared with presenting evidence from your own investigation. They do the former, in disgraceful fashion all the time, but the latter, they rarely get wrong.

Coaster

Bench
Well there is only one Ex Sponsor, that we are currently taking to court that have made false claims about us in the past, and have a vendetta against us.

Thats Simcorp