What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 10 2024 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
It's that time of year where, if your own team is rubbish, then you have a few options in what could be a long season. 1. You give up on your team (I'm not, they mean too much and what else would I do on weekends?) 2. You take more of an interest in your second team (I'm not, as I don't really have one apart from hoping Penrith beat Brisbane, or the Storm, again). 3. Give up all together (no, again, I love footy season, and now the weather is turning, it's even more so).

Round 10 is here, OK, let's take a look! Tonight, the Dolphins are in the top four. They need to 'upset' Manly to stay there and be taken seriously in that lofty role.

Friday, Penrith aren't playing well, by their standards, but they should still roll the Dogs (and I hope they do, as I'm feeling bitter about Canterbury being good - when the Warriors are so bad! Let's lift every team up from mediocrity!)

Surely Parramatta will admit they won't threaten the big teams this year if they can't beat Brisbane at home? The Broncos travel away yet still get the coveted Friday night slot. No wonder players want to go there.

Saturday, Wests, oh Wests, would be thinking here's one for us v the Knights. But look at last week in the wet (and it's still wet in Sydney), Newcastle know how to battle their way to a win.

Latrell is back for the Bunnies. Will he make a difference away to St George? Or is he, like his team, genuinely shot this year? Storm v Sharks, that's not a bad GF preview.

Sunday, bloody Sunday again, Big Jared is joining the 300 club, which is great for a prop and Leniu is back to 'prove a point' versus a worrying Warriors outfit. It's a brave and loyal Warriors fan forking out for that one (I'm not brave, sorry! But forever loyal. The former plays out though. I'm not going).

We finish with another Qld derby. Dessie's Titans might fancy a win over the Cowboys, as they're in good form, despite the lack of points on the table.

Enjoy.

Scott

Bench
A pretty ordinary round. I'm interested to see how the Bulldogs measure up against Penrith.

They are building nicely, this could show us a bit about where they are at and where they may be heading.

Blair

Coach
Say it ain’t so…. Ffs. Feel sorry for the Titans and Panthers if true

The glamour of Bondi was irresistible, it seems. See, this is why Penrith's success needs to be celebrated. As the years have gone by I'm appreciating it more and more.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Need a hybrid of the Warriors and Manly in attack, Warriors conservative and Manly overplay it. Saab having some really bad luck

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
The glamour of Bondi was irresistible, it seems. See, this is why Penrith's success needs to be celebrated. As the years have gone by I'm appreciating it more and more.
His partner plays NRLW, pretty sure for the Chooks which probably helps things. Seems the deal is about 300k a year less, can see how the caps seem so distorted

Say it ain’t so…. Ffs. Feel sorry for the Titans and Panthers if true
He is a bit of a myth with a good highlights reel. If a coach can get him to put in 100% and turn up he would be amazing.
Seems like a guy with all the talent but not the drive.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Waddell is having an absolute shocker, given away 2 of those tries over chasing. Bring back Olakau’atu.

Can’t play 80mins or defend, about to drop into a huge hole with Brisbane, Storm and Penrith the next 3 and Origin upcoming

Dolphins get a plumb call there with captains challenge against knock on. Did look back on replay, but never seen it called that way.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Nikorima extremely clever timing with the contact on Koula during that long break, made it look subtle but not sure how the officials missed it