What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 13 2023 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
A truncated Origin round and halfway through the season!

Tonight, are the Dolphins sliding down and the Dragons climbing up? Either way Jack de Belin is the biggest news, from 'stand-down to skipper', that is some turnaround.

Friday has the Eels v Cows. I never saw so much Parra gear around town than I did last week! Some of it smelt musty too, it'd been packed away for a fair while. The Cowboys need to bounce back, fast, if they're any chance of saving their season.

Saturday, lovely, Art Deco, seaside Napier, sees the well-rested Warriors host the Origin-depleted Broncos. With Reynolds back Brisbane will still be a threat. This is where his opposite, Johnson, needs to assert himself. This year I think he will. It'll be the difference.

The Rabbs v Raiders, has two 'in form' sides smarting over two unexpected losses last week. Which coach will rev their team up more?

We close with Newcastle at home to Manly. Origin reject Ponga could be the difference against the Tom T-less Sea Eagles.

Enjoy.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Tina Turner RIP. Aged 83.

She'll be getting some great play this weekend.
Like that old story where she was in the UK organising a photo and video shoot and they told her the best looking guy in league would show up, Andrew Ettingshausen

Gavin Miller had organised it, and ET’s game got postponed so Leeds wouldn’t release him for it, Miller rang up John Quayle and said he had solved the problem, he and Cliffy Lyons would go in ETs place

Quayle arrived at the shoot and Turner pulled him aside and said “if these are the good looking ones, I’d hate to see the ugly ones”

Now the Dolphins are up 24-12 and I'm expecting the side coached by the guy with 900+ NRL games under his belt to hold out against the side with a two game coach!
Need a 22+ point win to go in front of Dolphins on the ladder now.
42+ point win over Broncos to go in front of them. :p

Last edited:

nswarrior

Juniors
Need a 22+ point win to go in front of Dolphins on the ladder now.
42+ point win over Broncos to go in front of them. :p
I will be happy with a 2 point win.
We have just a poor history on these types of games, crucial games for the season where we are favourites

Blair

Coach
I will be happy with a 2 point win.
We have just a poor history on these types of games, crucial games for the season where we are favourites
Favourites? I looked at the two teams and thought Brisbane looked stronger.

nswarrior

Juniors
Bring Wiremu Greig home!! Surely he is the signing we need.

The old Warriors would pay big bucks for him after a couple of good games and we would never see this form again.

nswarrior

Juniors
Bring Wiremu Greig home!! Surely he is the signing we need.

The old Warriors would pay big bucks for him after a couple of good games and we would never see this form again

Blair

Coach
C'mon Cowboys, grandstand finish?! Yes!

18-16, Parra. Five mins to go. Momentum with NQ.

Edit: a Hess howler hands the ball back to Parra after the kick-off. NQ never touched the ball again.

24-16, Eels. Final.

Last edited:

nswarrior

Juniors
Cowboys played well, far better than last week. They were within 2 points with 4 minutes to go and frustrated Parra throughout the game. The successfully slowed the ruck speed and the ref didn’t want to give 6 against.

Parra have 2 great props out, Paulo and Campbell-Gillard but seem to have some really good backups.

Surely we try and get Wiremu Greig without over paying

Blair

Coach
The Raiders with an excellent result there. They bounce back, Souths drop two straight.

The Broncos' Origin stars would've been thrilled watching them win in Napier.

Latest posts