What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 15 2024 - General Non-Warriors Thread

We just extended Egan.... why do the Warriors think they can fix all these players with personal issues. Couldnt fix Lodge, AFB reneged on his contract, Walsh "may" have told porkies to get home, and suddenly we think we can wave a wand over Smith and make him a model citizen?
Egan won't last his contract out with his constant head knocks. I thought it was pretty risky for us to extend him. I love Egan but I don't trust his durability and wet weather play. We need a reasonable hooker and Brandon isn't playing that bad for someone who's going through a bit in his life. He can play in the middle too.

If Webby can handle the likes of Karen Fonua-Blake drama and turn a few mediocre players into better players, then by all means he can do the same with Brandon.

Egan won't last his contract out with his constant head knocks. I thought it was pretty risky for us to extend him. I love Egan but I don't trust his durability and wet weather play. We need a reasonable hooker and Brandon isn't playing that bad for someone who's going through a bit in his life. He can play in the middle too.

If Webby can handle the likes of Karen Fonua-Blake drama and turn a few mediocre players into better players, then by all means he can do the same with Brandon.
Yea I agree. If it happens (and that’s a big if to be fair – Bunnies are apparently on the rumour mill too) then I’d back Webby to make it work. He managed AFB’s little tantrum brilliantly, not just by having the nads to drop him, but by then getting a big performance out of him the very next week.

And Fish will be around next year too. If he brings everything we all believe he will, he’ll arguably play a bigger role in keeping potential miscreants in line than even Webby.