What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 19 2018 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
Three teams dead on points at the top, three teams dead on points at the bottom, and fascinating in between!

Great season.

Blair

Coach
Looking at our position on the table it's starting to get obvious just how crucial that 'ELO' effect is going to have on us. As of round 19, it's the difference between a comfy sixth and a worrying eighth.

I wouldn't be thinking too much about Ivan and the Tigers if we'd held on against the Sharks.

('ELO' - Eldrick Lee Off-side. Yes, it was a forward pass but 'ELO' is more snappy than 'ELFP').

It's bringing me down this morning!

Campion

Juniors
to be fair to manly they had a pretty bad injury run with sironen and (some other?) injured for season. i think their #6?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
to be fair to manly they had a pretty bad injury run with sironen and (some other?) injured for season. i think their #6?

Yeah those 2, Walker has hardly played, same with Taufua. Gosievski, Tanginoa both lengthy stints on the sidelines, Koroisau gone for the season, Uate gone for the season out of the rep round, has been one of those years but still had good enough cattle on the park yesterday to produce better. Along with Myles, Hastings and Lussick in the top 30 but not being there have barely had enough players to trot out some weeks

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
They also let Green go last year which, in hindsight, looks like madness.

Is a bit more too that, a couple of factors

Firstly, the offer the Warriors put to him was too good to be true, so his manager asked for a release, we said we wouldn't until we had a suitable replacement lined up, so his manager informed him to stop turning up to training, so the situation became untenable from that point of view

Secondly when they agreed to release him, they had a signed letter of intent from Mitchell Pearce saying he was coming to Manly. In the next 10 days during the cooling off period, Mitchell got the tip from his dad who is on the commission about the salary cap dramas, so he changed his mind and took the Newcastle money

Blair

Coach
What a terrible way for JT to go out if he was dropped from the Cowboys at any time between now and the end of the regular season.

Morgan's out, so it is highly unlikely. But, still, if he wasn't JT then he could've been demoted by now. Sure, he hasn't played too poorly but a side needs to take drastic action sometimes. He's been blamed for their slump.

Latest posts