What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 20 2023 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
In regard to our potential final place on the ladder did we want the Eels or Titans to win today?

I had an epiphany tonight. Laugh if you think I'm mad but - here goes - I thought we wanted a Dolphins win, as the Panthers win affected our minor-premiership chances.

GoSouths

Juniors
f**k I hate Mitchell Moses

Unbelievable that in general play he can complain to the ref and get a bullshit penalty
Something similar happened in the previous game. I thought Aitken got legitimately got collected on the chin yet the bunker did nothing. They stopped the game as he stayed down and a couple of views of the incident clearly showed it was high. I was waiting for them to let the ref know but ... crickets.
Its stuff like that makes me wonder what the rules are for head high. Is the chin part of the head?

So my point is are refs and bunkers reffing the teams position on the table? The Dolphins were ahead with less than ten to go and a penalty would have taken them out of their own half and relieved the pressure. Penrith got the ball back tho as it was play on and a titans player knocked on. Their fault of course but it might not have happened and it would have been further down the field. Penrith scores a try a few plays later. Take back the lead and go on to win the game.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Something similar happened in the previous game. I thought Aitken got legitimately got collected on the chin yet the bunker did nothing. They stopped the game as he stayed down and a couple of views of the incident clearly showed it was high. I was waiting for them to let the ref know but ... crickets.
Its stuff like that makes me wonder what the rules are for head high. Is the chin part of the head?

So my point is are refs and bunkers reffing the teams position on the table? The Dolphins were ahead with less than ten to go and a penalty would have taken them out of their own half and relieved the pressure. Penrith got the ball back tho as it was play on and a titans player knocked on. Their fault of course but it might not have happened and it would have been further down the field. Penrith scores a try a few plays later. Take back the lead and go on to win the game.
I remember that Aitken one

I think the rule is that the bunker can only come in over the top, if they deem the actions worthy of being put on report

To confuse things even more Cobbo got 10mins for his, which I thought was fair enough, but has them copped nothing post match for it

all of a sudden these ‘bumper bars’ have turned into an issue the last 2 months

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
This is my moment of the weekend, hopefully the link works (if not check out NRL on Nine Facebook page) Only the Fat could make Wayne smile haha

Blair

Coach
The Eels get a controversial one over the Titans, 25-24.

Rd 20 Ladder:

1689547156283.png

Is it nine teams fighting for eight spots now? Maybe that's a week or two too early. We'll see.

Benek

Juniors
Feels like the Cowboys should make it into the 8 on their current form. But who misses out? Do the Eels slide?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
In regard to our potential final place on the ladder did we want the Eels or Titans to win today?

I had an epiphany tonight. Laugh if you think I'm mad but - here goes - I thought we wanted a Dolphins win, as the Panthers win affected our minor-premiership chances.
Would have said you’re mad, but the Warriors remaining draw, and the majority of their draw this season, is the softest you could wish for, so they should win the majority of games left, but can’t see other sides tripping up enough to make MP a reality

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
They look like they have a pretty easy draw too... they really do need to sort the draw out tbh...
It’s a tough one, as you never really know until the end of the season how sides will get on
In February we are saying 2 games against the Roosters is a tough ask and 2 games against the Warriors like having an extra bye, buts it’s come up the other way round

the whole rivalry aspect of the draw can get a bit lopsided with those clashes always getting 2 games a year, so in Manlys case there are always 2 games against the Eels, Storm, Roosters, Sharks etc and often only 1 against Brisbane, Dolphins, Warriors etc who aren’t a traditional rival

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Would have said you’re mad, but the Warriors remaining draw, and the majority of their draw this season, is the softest you could wish for, so they should win the majority of games left, but can’t see other sides tripping up enough to make MP a reality
If other results go the way you’d expect and we win all our remaining games (which we’re probably favoured to do at this point) we’ll be third. To go any higher we need the Broncos and Panthers drop games and in the panthers case to make up a big for and against gap. I can see us managing to jag second as the Broncos have away games against the Rabbits, Cows and Raiders plus home games vs the Eels and Storm in the run home, they could easily drop two of those which would be enough for us to overtake them.

the Panthers have a pretty soft run home and a 93 points differential over us so I think the minor premiership is theirs to lose.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade

So my point is are refs and bunkers reffing the teams position on the table? The Dolphins were ahead with less than ten to go and a penalty would have taken them out of their own half and relieved the pressure. Penrith got the ball back tho as it was play on and a titans player knocked on. They’re fault of course but it might not have happened and it would have been further down the field. Penrith scores a try a few plays later. Take back the lead and go on to win the game.
They just showed an interesting clip on 360

Golden Point last week, Titans player 3m in front to put pressure on the field goal, penalty and lose game

This week, Eels player 3m offside gets to Boyd and charges the ball down, no call, Titans lose game

They just showed an interesting clip on 360

Golden Point last week, Titans player 3m in front to put pressure on the field goal, penalty and lose game

This week, Eels player 3m offside gets to Boyd and charges the ball down, no call, Titans lose game
Yep, robbed for sure!
Right in front of ref as well.