What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 20 2023 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
Another Origin done and dusted, now we're back to the club stuff and, hopefully, a fitting climax to a great season so far.

Friday sees the Knights - who still have finals hopes - take on Wests, who are one of three/four teams that are out of contention.

Saturday has another no-hoper, Canterbury, at home to Brisbane. Can these lower-ranked teams cause some upsets and, therefore, affect ladder positions of the top-eight? Manly host the Cowboys in what could be the debut of you-know-who. He's a good player, we know that, but I feel for Manly supporters because he's been trouble at every club he's been at.

The Roosters v Storm would've been a top-four preview but this year Supercoach Robbo has let things slip. There's no chance Bellamy would do that, every though he had a bit of a scare earlier this year.

Sunday, big, Warriors v Sharks. Two sides that may tussle for a top-four spot, a home semi-final. Mt Smart will be rocking.

The Dolphins play Penrith and their run to the finals, in their debut season, is that much harder because of it. We close with the Eels - at full strength - hosting the Titans. It's the GC's last chance I'd say, Parra lives to fight another day!

Enjoy.

Blair

Coach
12-0, Knights so far.

This Tigers season can't end soon enough. It's depressing to think of all those excited fans packing Leichhardt for pre-season training. I even heard comments like 'there hasn't been this kind of buzz around the place for years,' etc.

Now look.

nswarrior

Juniors
Tigers remind me of the Warriors of the past, everytime they got back into the game a costly mistake and Knights scored and extended the lead

Blair

Coach
Tigers remind me of the Warriors of the past, everytime they got back into the game a costly mistake and Knights scored and extended the lead
Ironically we stuffed them up a bit. In 2011, the last time they played finals, we snatched that dramatic win at the SFS. The Tigers were in great form, they were going places as a club.

Blair

Coach
So much for the 'return to Belmore'. Brisbane won easily, 44-24. Ciraldo must consider his debut first grade coaching season a failure.

If we'd had a choice last year I'm sure the Warriors management would've chosen Ciraldo over Webster in a flash.

Last edited:

nswarrior

Juniors
So much for the 'return to Belmore'. Brisbane won easily, 44-24. Ciraldo must consider his debut first grade coaching season a failure.

If we'd had a choice last year I'm sure the Warriors management would've chosen Ciraldo over Webster in a flash.
Yeah - Ciraldo was in hot demand, was well known and had atleast a couple of offers to choose from. Webster was not as well known and many of us were wondering why we hired him

Blair

Coach
I don't really like seeing the All Blacks at Mt Smart.

To be fair, it's the same when the Warriors play at Eden Park.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Business end of the year now, I have the line through 6 sides to play finals, 2 of them extinguished tonight

Manly, Dolphins, Roosters, Dogs, Dragons, Tigers

Should probably say Knights as well as I can’t see them making it, and Titans are walking the tightrope with them

Blair

Coach
Business end of the year now, I have the line through 6 sides to play finals, 2 of them extinguished tonight

Manly, Dolphins, Roosters, Dogs, Dragons, Tigers

Should probably say Knights as well as I can’t see them making it, and Titans are walking the tightrope with them
The Roosters, top roster, premiership-winning coach, big money and Bondi glamour, but a flop of a season. Well beaten again tonight, this time by a side they used to evenly jostle with.

I'm not sure Robbo will survive the season review. Their crowds are never great outside of finals and, I'm guesing, they'd be particularly poor now. I sense real fan anger.

As for the Storm, they look close to as strong as they've always been.

Blair

Coach
The Dolphins have a chance here at home. Cleary has rested his Origin stars, all five of them.

To'o, Cleary, Martin, Yeo & Crichton.

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
Cleary isn’t being rested… he’s not played for a while, smart to be patient

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I thought Moylan was pathetic this afternoon but O’Sullivan is making his effort look ok, those attempts at tackling were hilarious

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
“Shoulder charge to the head, penalty and on report”
How can Wallace stay on the park, if that is their summation of the incident

Blair

Coach
Moreton Bay Stadium looks a picture.

The scoreline's less so but the homeside's still in it. 12-4. 2nd Half.

Edit: 12-10, the crowd can smell something...and there it is again, Hamiso's in! The Dolphins hit the lead.

14-12. Do they have the ability and experience to hold out the defending premiers?

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
Ivan might be second guessing the widespread tests about now…

agree, the Wallace situation made no sense…. NRL is infuriating at times

Blair

Coach
Kodi's been good at the back. Gee, they"ve got some experience across the park.

But, bugger, the Panthers have scored.

It ended 24-14, Penrith. Redcliffe were fighters. I wished they'd come home strong.

Last edited: