What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 24 2024 - General Non-Warriors thread

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I think Penrith are cruising a little - but fmd, you add Crichton, Burton, Leniu, the strike of Kikau and Api back, and wow... salary cap bites on some (they've missed Api much less than I thought they might - with the later JFH call losing Leniu was unfortunate)
Yeah without a cap, and not bringing in from outside, you might start talking about a run like the Dragons had in the 60s

Reactions: JJ

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I'd much rather a four-peat than Melbourne winning, but something tells me this Storm team is cherry ripe to put their foot on Penrith's throat in a GF.

I still think the Roosters will have something to say about it all, too, although I will grant that they don't play the tough, uncompromising footy that wins premierships, and that Melbourne/Penrith have as a default.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I'd much rather a four-peat than Melbourne winning, but something tells me this Storm team is cherry ripe to put their foot on Penrith's throat in a GF.

I still think the Roosters will have something to say about it all, too, although I will grant that they don't play the tough, uncompromising footy that wins premierships, and that Melbourne/Penrith have as a default.
How good would JWH/Collins v JFH/Leota be in a GF, with lenui entering after 20mins. Someone probably sits down lol

Leota was immense in the opener a couple of years ago, but I will never forget Martin Lang in 2003 repeatedly running it straight and repeatedly getting absolutely destroyed by Morley and Co. Gee he was great to watch, Nathan Brown a bit of a throwback to him this year

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
How good would JWH/Collins v JFH/Leota be in a GF, with lenui entering after 20mins. Someone probably sits down lol

Leota was immense in the opener a couple of years ago, but I will never forget Martin Lang in 2003 repeatedly running it straight and repeatedly getting absolutely destroyed by Morley and Co. Gee he was great to watch, Nathan Brown a bit of a throwback to him this year
Leota is one of the most underrated players in the NRL, at least in terms of the press. Penrith fans know