What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 25 2023 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
It's been Matilda Mania this week but I've been going for Spain ever since I heard they'd set up camp in the great city of Palmerston North! Now look, the mighty Manawatu has cast its spell, they're in the final.

Back to league, tonight we have the game of the round, NQ v Cronulla. Payten's team is playing for its season, and have had a stalled comeback. The Sharks? Have been avarage but have found some form. A perfect match up!

Friday, are the Warriors getting the shake-up they might need, by their nemesis from Brookvale? Even if Manly are down on troops then I'm still backing Cherry-Evans to find enough weaknesses elsewhere.

Parra v Chooks, two big shots from old Sydney town, but playing for pride (mostly).

Saturday, the Tigers v Dolphins, Tim v Wayne. Gee, there's some mileage there. Wests should win, they're due, they're playing well. The GC will need one of the season's upsets against Penrith, ditto St George against Melbourne. Wouldn't that double-whammy be bloody good though?

Sunday, Newcastle could put an average Bunnies' season to bed and we close with Canberra probably adding to Ciraldo's nightmares, of Gus stalking the corridors of Belmore.

Enjoy, and Viva Espana!

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Won’t be surprised to see the Dogs tip the Raiders over

Linwood Keas v Hornby Panthers the clash of the weekend for me, lining up for their 7th GF in 8 years, still an ex warriors running around in that game too

Izz

Bench
I'm picking the Tigers to win this week. Guess i just want them to break the drought. They've been close the last 2 weeks

Blair

Coach
Haas sticks with the Broncos on 'mega-deal'.

Tevita Pangai Jnr to retire and pursue a boxing career, which is madness!

nswarrior

Juniors
Sharks looking good and ahead 18-12 at half time. I will be happy if the Cowboys don’t make the 8 as they look dangerous at their best

Blair

Coach
26-12, Sharks. 12 mins to go. The Cowboys need to act fast.

Edit: they're gone! There must be a sinking feeling all around Townsville. 32-12 at the end.

Last edited:

nswarrior

Juniors
26-12, Sharks. 12 mins to go. The Cowboys need to act fast.

Edit: they're gone! There must be a sinking feeling all around Townsville. 32-12 at the end.
Are the Cowboys gone for the season or can they still sneak into the 8. Will need to beat Penrith in the last round to have a chance of making the 8

Blair

Coach
Cows are done, i think.

It's that poor start to the season that's done them. They were 'gone' but then had that impressive mid-season comeback (six or seven straight) but that's now being reversed, without the buffer of a good start.

I'm quite relieved as I saw a towel-up in Townsville to end our season, just like in 2007.

Reactions: Izz

Blair

Coach
I'm not sure I wanted to see Dylan Napa again. But it's happening tonight, like it or not.

Blair

Coach
Campbell-Gillard with a sideline-facing ptb. Penalty. Play that replay to Anthony Watmough and Manly!

Blair

Coach
Raiders over the Dogs is probably what you want, Raiders are extremely vulnerable
Newcastle Stadium is sold out. They love their team, no doubt.

Beave, when Lyons, Toovey and Hasler all played in the same side, did Dessie just play lock because, otherwise, three into two halves wouldn't go? Or was he always a loosie?

Last edited:

Latest posts