What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 27 2023 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
I'm a bit peeved at the news reports of the Dolphins' win. In particular 'in front of 35,000 fans...'

There's no mention of the hordes of Warriors fans, instead, it's like a celebration of the Dolphins and the hype around a win in their last game, of their first season.

Any chance we can call Todd and get a favour for a shoulder to Cleary's head for a week off with concussion?
Maybe Edwards as well?

Blair

Coach
Any chance we can call Todd and get a favour for a shoulder to Cleary's head for a week off with concussion?
Maybe Edwards as well?
We're at Penrith Stadium next week. That's almost impossible for Warriors fans to get tickets to. Here's me damning the decision to play at Eden Park in week two but supporting a switch to the new SFS for week one.

Blair

Coach
44-12, Panthers. Final.

Minor-Premiers to Penrith. A disappointing end to the Cowboys' season. Payten will be up for some serious questions.

We're at Penrith Stadium next week. That's almost impossible for Warriors fans to get tickets to. Here's me damning the decision to play at Eden Park in week two but supporting a switch to the new SFS for week one.
Not the happiest of hunting grounds.
Panther looked unscathed by the game and not missing a beat without Luai.
Need plenty of offloads to trouble them.

Blair

Coach
Not the happiest of hunting grounds.
Panther looked unscathed by the game and not missing a beat without Luai.
Need plenty of offloads to trouble them.
I'm negative as all hell and not even trying to get a ticket to my local NRL ground. I'll be brooding here at home in Katoomba.

On current form I think we play Knights if they win and we lose next week?
(Highest winner in bottom 4 vs lowest loser in top 4)

WithTheDawn

Juniors
Feels like on current form we lost to the Panthers and hit the Knights in week 2. Geez that will be a tough game with them on a 10 streak. I'd much rather the Raiders or Sharks if it pans out that way. But I guess we have beaten all three at some point this season.

As for next week, as a Sydney resident I'll be keen to get to the game, but unsure if that will be even remotely possible?

Blair

Coach
As for next week, as a Sydney resident I'll be keen to get to the game, but unsure if that will be even remotely possible?

Shamefully, you won't be competing with me for a ticket. The last time I saw us play at Penrith was the 36-28 humiliation in 2017.

Rather than be a proud Warriors man I, like the biblical Peter, denied knowing them three times before I got back to the train station.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
any misgivings I have about the results so far this week are tempered by the fact that I only need to pick 1/2 today to win $1200 in the work tipping comp- I’m currently 1 point in the lead with a better +/- than anyone else in the top 10. Surely the Titans get it done at home against the dismal Dogs?

Blair

Coach
any misgivings I have about the results so far this week are tempered by the fact that I only need to pick 1/2 today to win $1200 in the work tipping comp- I’m currently 1 point in the lead with a better +/- than anyone else in the top 10. Surely the Titans get it done at home against the dismal Dogs?

The Titans did, but it was a thriller in Robina - 34-30. I wouldn't want $1200 and bragging rights at work relying on that!

Luckily the Sharks look set against Canberra (I know you backed Cronulla!) and the Raiders winger, Seb Kris, has just been sent off, making Sticky's mob rank outsiders to host a final in week one.