What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 6 2024 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
It’s laughable now how many calls Parramatta get at home, and they still can’t get anywhere with that leg up. Embarrassing club

Blair

Coach
It’s laughable now how many calls Parramatta get at home, and they still can’t get anywhere with that leg up. Embarrassing club
Arthur's under pressure. He's been unpopular for too long now.

Souths are currently still in the fight at Cronulla but I don't anything's saving Demetriou on Monday.

Blair

Coach
I'm not being insensitive to the Bondi Junction tragedy today but we're a league forum, so here goes. Several news reports said the attacker was wearing an 'NRL jersey'. To me it looked like a Kangaroos jersey? The logos were pixalated on TV.

In relation to what happened this doesn't matter of course.

Blair

Coach
non oval ball comment here. Grats to the Phoenix for wrapping up a Top 2 finish for the first time in their history after beating Melbourne. Great to see another kiwi team doing well in an Aussie comp.
Let's go all the way, like the Breakers before us, and the Warriors after us.

Blair

Coach
The Tigers might be back on struggle street. If their comeback season was serious they'd roll St George at Campbelltown. 16-6 down at halftime.

Edit: 24-12, Dragons. Final. Disappointment in Magpies' country. Well beaten by a very average side. Benji's bubble may have burst in front of a sell-out home stadium.

Edit: Grandstand finish at Canberra...a kick from Kelly from the sideline to force extra-time...and it's over! 20-all.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
C'mon Titans! Golden Point, extra-time. Foran's experience should show here. The GC have the momentum, the Raiders the crowd.

...Foran had it made but his shot was charged down.

...and again, but just missed this time.

...down the other end and Canberra use the seven-tackle set to roll up field, 10 seconds to go, and the shot from Fogarty goes over! 21-20, Canberra. Final.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Another interesting weekend.

Rd 6 Ladder:
1713095927659.png

So, one loss and the Dolphins sink to fifth. If we lost we dropped out of the eight. Cronulla are suddenly leading, the Tigers are a worrying 12th. It's all happening.

Big Marn

Bench
As a neutral, 2 things. 1) If Stewart says the refereeing was good, you know it was bad.
2) The guy that charged down Forans kick looked to be a mile offside. If not, he covered the first 5 metres at a supersonic speed.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Ricky having a crack at Des is a bit rich, we know next week if the 6 again count is 10-1 against him it will be a different tune

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Gee you can see why some of the decision making when you listening to Annesley. “Chevy Stewart was offside, and he was the one who charged down Forans field goal, but it shouldn’t have been a penalty” FMD !!

The covering arse saying that they went through the game and Titans should have been pinged 32 times and the Raiders 10 in response to the 10-1 set restart count is disgraceful as well. Predictably Paul Kent was right in his mate Ricky’s corner, “10-1 is better than 32-10” No it isn’t you moron, I’d take 75% of the calls against you rather than 90% !

Gee you can see why some of the decision making when you listening to Annesley. “Chevy Stewart was offside, and he was the one who charged down Forans field goal, but it shouldn’t have been a penalty” FMD !!

The covering arse saying that they went through the game and Titans should have been pinged 32 times and the Raiders 10 in response to the 10-1 set restart count is disgraceful as well. Predictably Paul Kent was right in his mate Ricky’s corner, “10-1 is better than 32-10” No it isn’t you moron, I’d take 75% of the calls against you rather than 90% !
Did they actually go back and check the whole game again? Have they ever done that before?

It’s the first time I’ve ever heard something like that said publicly that’s for sure. A Grade arse covering
Sure looks like it.

Why only now though? If they're willing to retro check entire games, they should've done that last year when Paris kicked off the anti-Warrior stuff. Unless they actually did, and found stuff they didnt want to make public...

Big Marn

Bench
Annesley has been past his use by date for years. All the ref bosses are when they take the job. I think its some kind of retirement plan they get put on when they are too slow to ref the games. Archer was just as shit.

Big Marn

Bench
This is some serious Joe Biden shit. How is offside not a penalty?

Latest posts