What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL-Replays

RichieB

Juniors
Ok now they've done it. The NRL have now stopped free replays of the games. It's greed greed greed greed. Not signing up, not paying a cent. Crowds are down, what next? Increasing the tickets to cover for the shortfall? People are tired of all this greed.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
its $90 for 12 months FFS or $5 bucks a week.

Good on them for getting value for their product. Stuff like this helps the game believe it or not.

Entitled Joe Public can whinge all he wants.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Yeah I was a bit miffed too, having to all of a sudden pay for replays as well. But it's really not that bad of a deal.

Being a telstra customer, I do think that replays should be free and unmetered. As it used to be.

But what ever, $9 a month for unlimited live games and replays is more than fair.

RWB

Bench
Greed is the fans who want everything for free.

It was only a matter of time until online content got a price put on it, be grateful we got it for free all those years.

Streaming is the way of the future for media consumption, if we didn't start pricing it now the game would be blamed for being incompetent & short-sighted 5-10 years down the track.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Why should they provide it for free? Last I checked the NRL was in the business of well. BUSINESS... Boo hoo, the big bad NRL are looking at ways to sustain and maximize revenue with their product.. Ffs stop being cheap merkins and put in a few quid for something you actually enjoy watching.

Plus with that cost you can also watch LIVE games through the NRL app on you Ipad,Iphone or android. Plus laptop live streams are on the way. which works out a shitload cheaper than FAUXtell...

de$$ie

Juniors
I'll pay if the service actually works and they put up all those replays from the early 2000's they started taking away gradually. I want to watch Hopoate elbow Galloway in the head again ffs.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
I'll pay if the service actually works and they put up all those replays from the early 2000's they started taking away gradually. I want to watch Hopoate elbow Galloway in the head again ffs.

[youtube]2LViNhAZDaU[/youtube]

That will be $8 thanks.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
anyone metered how much it costs to stream a live game? i already have fox but was thinking of streaming matches using the app (and cancelling fox) but i'm concerned the amount of data would destroy my download limit in one round

afinalsin666

First Grade
Get hola, go to livestream.com and look for nrl, set to germany or some other european country because it is blocked in the us for some reason. Bang, replays. And live games if your net is good enough. Using a vpn is completely legal, so have at it.

ek999

First Grade
Just get an unlimited downloads plan. Or if you are with Telstra it should be unmetered

Make an account without subscription.... not sure if you can

if you can't do that...just make an account subscribe, and cancel the subscription (that's what I did, because I wanted to test the mobile live games, which are shit btw). And you should keep your log in and still be able to watch replays.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
$1.99 a week

I stand corrected.

You could find 2 bucks in your supermarket car park every day of the week, if you're too poor to have that spare little goldie lying around. If you can't find it in the car park, just annoy 10 punters for 20 cents each, once a week.

If they know its for the NRL and not meth (both highly addictive), some good hearted fool may even give you the cash and buy you a cup of coffee to sustain your poor, beaten down arse.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
anyone actually using this nrl streaming service? whats the quality like? i'd consider switching internet to providers to telstra if its decent

tumbidragon

First Grade
anyone actually using this nrl streaming service? whats the quality like? i'd consider switching internet to providers to telstra if its decent
I've only streamed 1 match (panthers V Knights) so far but it was good quality. You don't need to be a telstra customer to use it. I've got Dodo ADSL2 unlimited download for $59 and just watch the stream through wifi. Think you need a download speed of at least 3.5 mbs/sec for it to run smoothly.

RichieB

Juniors
a $1 here, $5 there... I am merely trying to say that every where you go to then they're in your pocket. Having recently moved to Brisbane and wanting to register my motorbike here, i was shocked when they charged me double the rego than what NSW would have. I guess they're trying to pay for all the tunnels that are putting in here but no one uses cause there is no where near the traffic congestion that there's in Sydney. Brisbane is like a ghost town many a times. Anyway back to the NRL, and yes I can afford it but not all can. Just because most of the repliers can doesn't mean everyone else can. they are not all as rich as you guys. Anyway I am taking a stance on this and 'wont' subscribe. At the end of the day I'll find the footage elsewhere. YES! I want it for FREE RWB!

Last edited:

Pierced Soul

First Grade
You don't need to be a telstra customer to use it. I've got Dodo ADSL2 unlimited download for $59 and just watch the stream through wifi. Think you need a download speed of at least 3.5 mbs/sec for it to run smoothly.

was thinking from a download limit view. I'm on a 60gb download/upload plan. when talking with my ISP (internode) a while ago regarding speeds (or lack thereof) they said cos i was x kms away from the exchange it wouldnt matter who i went with and even if i went with telstra i'd still get the same speeds.

tumbidragon

First Grade
was thinking from a download limit view. I'm on a 60gb download/upload plan. when talking with my ISP (internode) a while ago regarding speeds (or lack thereof) they said cos i was x kms away from the exchange it wouldnt matter who i went with and even if i went with telstra i'd still get the same speeds.
Not sure how hungry in terms of meterage the streams are. But since it uses bigpond player, you'd think Its unmetered for telstra customers, so that's possibly something to look into. Either that or a unlimited download plan.

Here's the tech support for the app.

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/NRL-2014/bd-p/NRL_Live_App

Latest posts