What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rookies 2007

NikkiShark

Juniors
Christmas Ape said:
Freddo said:
prof.jpg

Bronx Goodwin(Fullback)

Son of Former St George and Australia Lord "Ted" Goodwin. Scored 23 Tries in Premier League Last Year. Is Injuried Currently With a Broken Arm But Watch This Space When He Makes His Debut
Bronx is going to have to remove that helmet at some stage.
I don't think it's legal NRL-approved headgear.
:lol:

Big Mick © said:
That Matt Raftery...has rep football written all over him.
yeah, I have to agree with that.
he only played a few games last year in Jersey Flegg, before his injured his knee.

Eddie Paea Made his debut for souths already, last round of 2006, i have no doubts he will be next in line if joe or jeremy are currently letting us down, beau champion most likely will be a impact player off the bench most of the season. this kid is a superstar

j0rd0_ShArKs

Juniors
Big Mick © said:

why do you hold him in such high regard mick?

when i watched him he didnt seem to stand out could be due to injuries but

mxlegend99 said:
It's awesome. These kids are so young, in great shape and they're so bloody strong. Good too see more possible NZ rep players every day. Even for an Aussie supporter.

is it a fluke that all these young players are coming out of new zealand mostly when the warriors was in the league WHEN THEY WAS GROWING UP! i don't think so!

Raider_69

Post Whore
Red and Blue Knight said:
Akuila Uate - Tall 92kg fijian winger who can run the 100 metres in under 11 seconds. A try scoring freak. 18 years of age.

Curious, when was that 100 metre time recorded, i remember reading it was set when he was 16... if thats is the case, he'd be at least a second slower then that now days, with the difference in training regimes

Big Mick

Referee
j0rd0_ShArKs said:
why do you hold him in such high regard mick?

when i watched him he didnt seem to stand out could be due to injuries but

I've watched him since he was young, and i watched him in SG Ball especially...and he was a class above.

Some players you know just oose class and when they can be a class above in their grades, 75% of the time they will at least make a first grade debut.

I have the same feeling about Michael Jennings and Junior Sau down in Canberra.

I think we're about to be in an era where the centres will dominate. Because there are just so many good ones going around. I think we'll see the modern day winger fall away.

I think Akuila Uate is a great young player who i have a lot of time for, along with Jacob Ling a second rower for the knights.

Bulldogs got a good player off Penrith in Corey Vlaciky...I saw a big future for him. He's a tireless defender and a great offloader of the football.

Mitchsu Danger

Juniors
Big Mick © said:
I've watched him since he was young, and i watched him in SG Ball especially...and he was a class above.

Some players you know just oose class and when they can be a class above in their grades, 75% of the time they will at least make a first grade debut.

I have the same feeling about Michael Jennings and Junior Sau down in Canberra.

I think we're about to be in an era where the centres will dominate. Because there are just so many good ones going around. I think we'll see the modern day winger fall away.

I think Akuila Uate is a great young player who i have a lot of time for, along with Jacob Ling a second rower for the knights.

Bulldogs got a good player off Penrith in Corey Vlaciky...I saw a big future for him. He's a tireless defender and a great offloader of the football.

he'd still be a few yrs off a FG debut with us tho. unless we get mass injuries or he upstages our other reserve forwards...

NikkiShark said:
Timani_S_07H_01.jpg

Sitaleki Timani
DATE OF BIRTH: 19-6-1986
BIRTHPLACE: Tonga
HEIGHT: 201cm
WEIGHT: 118kg
POSITION: Prop
JUNIOR CLUB: Liahona High School, Tonga

Saw this Monster kid interviewed on TV a few weeks back. Only 20, and looks like he's still got some filling-out to do.

Do any of you sharks fans know much else about him, & whether you think he'll make the top grade this year?

j0rd0_ShArKs

Juniors
yeah Star is a possibility to get a game late in the year i reckon. He has an injury at the moment which is holding him back

he played union as a youngster in New Zealand and came to the sharks in 2006 being his first full year of league. It was the first time he had used a gym so he still has a lot of bulking up to do

ByRd

First Grade
Brad Joyce said:
And he's a Kiwi too I believe.
yep you are right, if Utai leaves, we have a replacment in Big Karl ready to step up but well have to see hwat happens.

choc_soldier

Coach
Michael Jennings - everyone has been talking about this kid, and will only be a matter of time before he makes his first grade debut. I just hope that he lives up to all the hype. Definitely very talented, and may be the solution our "skinny" situation in the centres.

Junior Moors - been on the edges for a couple of seasons now. In the mould of Puletua and Pritchard. If he can play to his potential, he can be a more than handy player.

Geoff Daniella - like Moors, been plying his trade in the lower grades over the past few seasons. Would only get a look in I imagine if there is a mini injury crisis with our backs (with Penrith, a distinct possibility!)

Tim Grant - apparently the next big thing (no pun intended!). Skilled forward, not in the top 25, but could get a look in.

Matthew Forwood - first grade may be beyond him this year, but can play anywhere in the backline. Shone brightly in last year's Flegg GF, and is an accurate goal kicker. All bows to an armoury that will be valuable if his services arise.

aqua_duck

Coach
Raider_69 said:
Curious, when was that 100 metre time recorded, i remember reading it was set when he was 16... if thats is the case, he'd be at least a second slower then that now days, with the difference in training regimes
well he was te 3rd quickest in in the country over 100m as a 16 year old, and sure different training regimes and such but no one really peaks at age 16

Phillips

Referee
Bring back John Fifita said:
Do any of you sharks fans know much else about him, & whether you think he'll make the top grade this year?

he can fight too... i feel sorry for any player thats tries to start something with this kid :crazy:

greenhat

Juniors
At 201cms he'd take the title of 'Tallest in the NRL' from Dane Tilse by exactly 1 cm. He's a couple of kgs heavier than Dane too, so whether he can fight or not I wouldn't be looking at him sideways.

innsaneink

Referee
Big Mick © said:

Related to Martin?
-------------------------

Young centre in Flegg for balmain, Kingi Akoula goes OK.

girvie

Staff member
18 NRL rookies named for Round 1:

Canberra Raiders
Michael Dobson - Round 1 - Halfback

Melbourne Storm
Israel Folau - Round 1 - Wing
James Aubusson - Round 1 - Bench
Sam Tagataese - Round 1 - Bench
Ryan Shortland - Round 1 - Bench

Newcastle Knights
James McManus - Round 1 - Wing
Terence Seu Seu - Round 1 - Hooker
Cory Paterson - Round 1 - Bench
Jesse Royal - Round 1 - Bench

North Queensland Cowboys
Scott Bolton - Round 1 - Bench

Penrith Panthers
Junior Moors - Round 1 - Bench

St George Illawarra Dragons
Josh Morris - Round 1 - Fullback
Keith Lulia - Round 1 - Centre
Richard Williams - Round 1 - Five-Eighth
Dan Hunt - Round 1 - Prop
Lagi Setu - Round 1 - Bench

Sydney City Roosters
Shaun Kenny-Dowall - Round 1 - Wing
Mitch Aubusson - Round 1 - Five-Eighth

5 Dragons? you got to hand it to the club, they never really buy many players, they just bring juniors through all the time, yet they still finish top 8 and make the last 4 every year.

Latest posts