What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Round 1 Teamlist Tuesday

This Panthers team doesn't look half bad. It'll be interesting to see how Soward and Wallace go. Moylan is a gun, Idris could hit good form, they have a killer forward pack and Tyrone Peachy is a star of the future. They could definitely turn a few heads this year.

I think the Panthers could go either way. Apart from the centres (Idris and Whare), who are very good, I don't see alot of "star quality" in that side, just good, solid players.

Whether than is enough to lift them into the 8 remains to be seen.

budz

Juniors
Some very ordinary to deadset awful sides named for Round 1. Could be great for buying cashcows in supercoach. As long as the nuffy players can get 3+ games before being dropped for the blokes returning from injury.
Any time you get a couple of new players in a team people are likely to think they are ordinary because no one has seen them.
A few weeks in they are players you know and then they are considered regulars.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I think the Panthers could go either way. Apart from the centres (Idris and Whare), who are very good, I don't see alot of "star quality" in that side, just good, solid players.

Whether than is enough to lift them into the 8 remains to be seen.

This. The Cleary way is to build solid depth across the park and then bring the stars through the lower grades with the occasional purchase. Good job so far, but the Panthers have question marks like any other side. Halves obviously, back row doesn't look overly worrying either.

mxlegend99

Referee
Any time you get a couple of new players in a team people are likely to think they are ordinary because no one has seen them.
A few weeks in they are players you know and then they are considered regulars.
Ben Roberts, Michael Dobson, Travis Waddell, Lote Tuqiri, Lachlan Maranta, CHeyse Blair etc.

I'm not talking about the new names... I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. It's the guys who have been there and just don't have it (or don't have it anymore).

gronkathon

First Grade
Happy with the WT side considering injury.

Really happy with the bench

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2014/03/04/nrl_team_announcement_wests_tigers_v_dragons.html

10hsqr9.jpg

Last edited:
http://www.roosters.com.au/news/2014/03/04/round_1_v_south_sydney_rabbitohs.html

Fullback
Anthony Minichiello (c)
Wing
Daniel Tupou
Centre
Michael Jennings
Centre
Shaun Kenny-Dowall
Wing
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
Five eighth
James Maloney
Halfback
Mitchell Pearce
Prop
Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
Hooker
Jake Friend
Prop
Sam Moa
Second row
Boyd Cordner
Second row
Sonny Bill Williams
Lock
Frank-Paul Nuuausala
Interchange
Daniel Mortimer
Interchange
Aidan Guerra
Interchange
Mitchell Aubusson
Interchange
Dylan Napa
Bench
Kane Evans
Bench
Kurt Kara

Or in other words -

1. Anthony Minichiello (c)
2. Daniel Tupou
3. Michael Jennings
4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
5. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
6. James Maloney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
9. Jake Friend
10. Sam Moa
11. Boyd Cordner
12. Sonny Bill Williams
13. Frank-Paul Nuuausala
14. Daniel Mortimer
15. Aidan Guerra
16. Mitchell Aubusson
17. Dylan Napa
18. Kane Evans
22. Kurt Kara.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Price sure knows how to troll. He no doubt bought Michael Witt as a like-for-like replacement for Nathan Fien. Why he persists with De Belin at prop and Merrin at lock, I have absolutely no idea.

Latest posts