What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL scheduling up the duff again

firechild

First Grade
Seems not being from Sydney is reason enough for some...Broncos get guaranteed Friday nights through their owners so they fall out of that equation but the other scheduling almost seems to run in ever decreasing circles from the outer to the inner sanctum ;-).

Probably be removed, but actually overheard two NRL 'officials' talking mid-season..."So how do you think the schedule and rule changes are going?" "Well, where are Storm on the table? It's working fine."

Proud of how Storm have performed in a season made harder. Origin is a killer at the best of times and that's not going to change, the 'big 3' aren't getting any younger etc but a club built on character and culture will be thereabouts the majority of the time regardless of the roadblocks

FFS you whiney bitch. You produce stats that revolve around teams travelling (presumably interstate) and whine that the top 3 are non-Sydney teams that by default have to travel more than most other clubs. The Warriors are an anomaly but keeping in mind they don't play home games on Monday, Thursday or Friday nights due to time zone incompatibilities, it's not that surprising. Then the Donkeys play every Friday night almost without fail. That leaves 3 interstate teams and surprise surprise, they're the top 3.

POPEYE

Coach
FFS you whiney bitch. You produce stats that revolve around teams travelling (presumably interstate) and whine that the top 3 are non-Sydney teams that by default have to travel more than most other clubs. The Warriors are an anomaly but keeping in mind they don't play home games on Monday, Thursday or Friday nights due to time zone incompatibilities, it's not that surprising. Then the Donkeys play every Friday night almost without fail. That leaves 3 interstate teams and surprise surprise, they're the top 3.

We're talking about short turnarounds, travelling by itself has f**k all to do with it

firechild

First Grade
We're talking about short turnarounds, travelling by itself has f**k all to do with it

My bad, I saw this - "short travelling turnarounds" in his post. Doesn't change the fact he's a whiney bitch that thinks the whole world is out to get the Storm. Could be Molly Meldrum hiding behind that alias maybe?

TheDMC

Bench
To the contrary of the OP view, Round 26 has lucked into the perfect matchups...

Roosters v Rabbits --> Potential minor premiership decider if Manly lose
Sea Eagles v Cowboys ---> See above, Cowboys in form and at home..
Melbourne v Broncos ----> loser likely miss the finals
Panthers v Warriors ---> top 4 and top 8 position on the line

Its going to be a fantastic weekend of footy...

POPEYE

Coach
My bad, I saw this - "short travelling turnarounds" in his post. Doesn't change the fact he's a whiney bitch that thinks the whole world is out to get the Storm. Could be Molly Meldrum hiding behind that alias maybe?

The kind of logic that denigrates a bloke for supporting his team with a rational argument labels you as dismissable. I'm a Storm supporter who listens to all rational arguments supporting every team, try it, not that f**king hard

firechild

First Grade
The kind of logic that denigrates a bloke for supporting his team with a rational argument labels you as dismissable. I'm a Storm supporter who listens to all rational arguments supporting every team, try it, not that f**king hard

If I was denigrating the bloke for simply supporting his team, I'd have had a much wider target than just him. The reality is, you can rank each team on a huge number of variables and find one that makes your club feel hard done by. Short turnarounds are a result of the broadcasters having too much say in scheduling, not as a result of the NRL wanting to penalise the Storm for being too good as Cloudderper is suggesting. Throwing in a comment about him overhearing a conversation by NRL officials just makes his argument seem even more stupid.

DJShaksta

First Grade
Or perhaps, we could've had Manly putting 70 on the Tigers and Roosters running 60 up against the Sharks as a magnificent Friday night double header!

Think of the ratings, they might almost get some.

f**king genius!!

Pfffft Roosters put 60 on the sharks??
The 62 pt comeback would skyrocket the ratings!!!

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
If I was denigrating the bloke for simply supporting his team, I'd have had a much wider target than just him. The reality is, you can rank each team on a huge number of variables and find one that makes your club feel hard done by. Short turnarounds are a result of the broadcasters having too much say in scheduling, not as a result of the NRL wanting to penalise the Storm for being too good as Cloudderper is suggesting. Throwing in a comment about him overhearing a conversation by NRL officials just makes his argument seem even more stupid.

If I choose to wear a tin foil hat on occassion, who the feck are you to say I can't?

Getting sick of Thursday Night and Monday Night Football.
Who would this schedule work?

Friday Night: 2 at 19:45 (Viewers Choice Live on 9 / GEM)
Saturday: 15:00
Saturday: 17:30
Saturday: 1 at 19:30

Sunday: 2 x 14:00 (viewers choice)
Sunday: 1 x 16:00 Live on Channel 9

Perth Red

Post Whore
Surely the safest thing would have been to have melbourne play Thursday and roosters Friday to avoid the clash with potential afl finals?

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Surely the safest thing would have been to have melbourne play Thursday and roosters Friday to avoid the clash with potential afl finals?

You dont schedule around the afl.

Let them schedule around u

a club game has beaten a final in TV ratings tonight

Maybe in your Perth bubble afl seems a lot more important than it really is

nrlnrl

First Grade
Getting sick of Thursday Night and Monday Night Football.
Who would this schedule work?

Friday Night: 2 at 19:45 (Viewers Choice Live on 9 / GEM)
Saturday: 15:00
Saturday: 17:30
Saturday: 1 at 19:30

Sunday: 2 x 14:00 (viewers choice)
Sunday: 1 x 16:00 Live on Channel 9

It's a nice idea, but as cleary89 said, Ch9 would not allow this to happen. They are all about maximising their advertising returns & ratings. Sadly, what the the viewers would like doesn't even enter the conversation.