What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL two conferences

Derp, when are people going to realise that for most normal people it's not either/or but is both.

I own a cats jersey and Rabbits jerseys...

I played afl AND rugby league.

My kids played BOTH.

You can support more than one code.
Not everyone has the time or energy to support both. Some people have interests outside of sport.

Derp, when are people going to realise that for most normal people it's not either/or but is both.

I own a cats jersey and Rabbits jerseys...

I played afl AND rugby league.

My kids played BOTH.

You can support more than one code.
Not everyone has the time or energy to support both. Some people have interests outside of sport.

Also swaps between crowd sizes and ratings - which ever suits his point eg the 2nd largest rating nrl club shouldn't exist because we all know fans only live in their clubs locations.
When did I say South Sydney should be kicked out?

I've already proven @SBD82 lied through his teeth.

MugaB

Coach

When did I say South Sydney should be kicked out?

I've already proven @SBD82 lied through his teeth.
Lied? I could go thru any of the expansion threads and see half the ridiculous posts made by you to advocate to punt one club or another for worser reasons than 560k population in the area of southern Sydney, you forget the fans of these two clubs don't only live in that area, people move from area to area but still support their team, and if all you value is crowd numbers then you're not looking at the bigger picture, there are clubs like roosters that have less in their area, yet they are ok by you...???
Maths is not your strong suit

Lied? I could go thru any of the expansion threads and see half the ridiculous posts made by you to advocate to punt one club or another for worser reasons than 560k population in the area of southern Sydney, you forget the fans of these two clubs don't only live in that area, people move from area to area but still support their team, and if all you value is crowd numbers then you're not looking at the bigger picture, there are clubs like roosters that have less in their area, yet they are ok by you...???
Maths is not your strong suit
Attendances. Memberships. Merchandise. That's what a football clubs need to make a profit. Television ratings help lift the value of broadcast rights, but they don't keep a club that draws low attendances and a small membership base stay out of the red.

Sharks and Dragons have less members than a regional club based in Townsville. You don't need to live within driving distance of your club's stadium to be a non-ticketed member, so I'm not seeing much evidence that Cronulla and St George have a heap of committed fans pouring money into the clubs.

2021 Club Member as of 10 May.

Eels

Rabbitohs

Broncos

Storm

Raiders

Tigers

Panthers

Knights

Roosters

Cowboys

Dragons

Bulldogs

Sharks

Sea Eagles

Titans

Warriors

https://www.nrl.com/membership/

Combining the total members of Sharks and Dragons brings them within range of juggernauts like the Parramatta Eels and South Sydney Rabbitohs. It proves that both Southern Sydney clubs are cannibalising each other.

I cannot help but wonder if it would be better to hand the North Shore and Northern Beaches over to the Roosters?

I can see Sydney Roosters growing if they're given Bears and Sea Eagles territory, but I cannot see Manly doing anything other than being small club followed by a small set of fans on the Northern Beaches.

Tigers have the potential to be a juggernaut, but will need Bulldogs to move out of the way so they can grow.

Titans should merge with Brisbane Tigers to become the East Coast Titans. Gold, black and blue.

Last edited:
The question that needs to be answered is why people are NOT members of their clubs
My guess is most people don't care about our game for one reason or another. Many of the people who call themselves "fans" couldn't be bothered watching their team play on TV and wouldn't know where they're sitting on the ladder. I know a so-called Broncos fan who thought Cowboys were from Melbourne and asked me how the Broncos went when I sarcastically said to her "you must be happy with how the Donkeys went this year" after my Cowboys consigned them to the wooden spoon. Only a small percentage of Australians care enough about sport to become a club member and watch the games every week.

Latest posts