What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Victoria

taipan

Referee
State Rugby League Centre was officially opened today. Not an insignificant moment that Rugby League has a home in Melbourne.

Now that's planting a big imprint in the AFL state. The Storm are here to stay.Bout the only thing I have agreed with News Ltd having a Victorian team.
A remarkable achievement considering the amount of media space, they receive in that state.

yakstorm

First Grade
Storm have confirmed that they will enter a team into the Lisa Fiaola Cup (U17s) Junior Representative program next year

Plan is to enter the Tarsha Gale Cup shortly after, which would help give decent foundations for a future NRLW team.

wgd

Juniors
Will the Rebels dying have any effect on grassroots RL in Victoria? I've been told Victoria has a pretty decent RU grassroots scene. I don't know if that extends past the elite private school system or not.

Vlad59

Juniors
Will the Rebels dying have any effect on grassroots RL in Victoria? I've been told Victoria has a pretty decent RU grassroots scene. I don't know if that extends past the elite private school system or not.
They’ve had a very strong senior comp for decades. It’s strongly established and I don’t think it will be affected. They have a good presence in private schools. Again I think that will be unaffected. However all the junior comps. That’s a different matter. Next year could see an even bigger increase in playing numbers in Melbourne and in country vic.

Vlad59

Juniors
Over 330 teams across Victoria this year. The death of the rebels (and what a stupid decision that is) can only help next years growth.

Latest posts