What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL vs NFL

Firey_Dragon

Coach
I don't have a problem with the huge "charging" tackles being taken from the game. The ones when a player rushes out of the line and blindsides someone who doesn't see them coming.

I will miss them because they were spectacular, but I recognise there is a very small level of risk and if something goes wrong it could end up with someone really being hurt.

However, there is a mile of difference between a full on shoulder charge and the types of tackles being charged as "dangerous" or "shoulder charges" by the NRL. Shoulder charges require two main components. A shoulder being used as the point of contact and a player "charging" at his opponent. They're charging people who are standing still ffs.

Most of the tackles they are penalising have no potential to hurt anything except the game itself when they're highlighted as "dangerous".

The definition of shoulder charge needs to simplified and 90% of the tackles being penalised should be allowed and the game should carry on.

As I said earlier, the way it is ruled on needs work. There is nothing wrong with the elimination of the shoulder charge though, in principle and it is the right decision to do so.

Dutchy

Immortal
Shocker? :lol:

Has done as much as he could do with very limited opportunity. Has copped two awesome punts that most would let roll through when inside their 10.

Nerd

Bench
NFL is still the tougher game, collisions are less controlled than in the NRL, players can be hit from pretty much any direction and with no thought of wrestling them into a slow play the ball position

Can't see how being hit while wearing a helmet and pads makes the NFL a tougher game.

GongPanther

Referee
the commentators were interviewing the SF CEO during the game.

They asked him about his opinion on Hayne.

His reaction was that he thought Hayne was performing very well.

Now,when you have the CEO praising a player,and how happy in his reaction to the question it was,and after one of his carries,he gave a tackler a "don't argue" and all the players on the sideline where jumping for joy,you simply have someone that will make the final cut.

Now all he has to do is keep a level head,and work hard,and things should pan out.

Fin.

footy75

Bench
I love NFL, NRL and AFL. All are awesome and very different.

The only football code I find hard to get into is soccer. And I've tried.

It's difficult to say NFL players hit harder etc etc when they are wearing pads and helmets.

GongPanther

Referee
I love NFL, NRL and AFL. All are awesome and very different.

The only football code I find hard to get into is soccer. And I've tried.

It's difficult to say NFL players hit harder etc etc when they are wearing pads and helmets.

To be fair,if it gets kids fit,and off the street for an hour or so,any sport is a good pastime.

big hit!

Bench
http://www.foxsports.com.au/us-spor...l-game-for-49ers/story-fnp3l4e4-1227512873390

They love him. Drops a shoulder into some joker and twitter goes nuts.

to be the fair to the joker, he's a stick insect at 182cm & 87kg. you wouldn't find blokes in League at that weight for his height. Hayne has at least 15kg on him.

joker indeed though. he's never been on a 53-man roster. seems to bounce around clubs in pre-season. will most probably bounce out of the chargers after that.

Cartman

Juniors
I started on them in 09 because of Stafford, after the game he won against Browns, throwing the winning TD with a dislocated shoulder. I liked the name, colours, and that was it really.

And I hate bandwagoners (Heat fans), so going for a team just coming off 0-16 was the perfect fit.

Rumour has it that GKD switched from being a Vikings fan, but we shan't speak of that.....

Thank f**k they're gone, #HEAT4LYF :lol:

to be the fair to the joker, he's a stick insect at 182cm & 87kg. you wouldn't find blokes in League at that weight for his height. Hayne has at least 15kg on him.

joker indeed though. he's never been on a 53-man roster. seems to bounce around clubs in pre-season. will most probably bounce out of the chargers after that.

Stick insect? How is that possible? All the NFL fan boi's have been telling us Hayne would never make it because he's not some super superior American athlete and grand master chess wizard to understand the rules?

maple_69

Bench
Bad technique is bad technique. Even a small dude with good technique shouldn't be getting monstered so casually like that.

I wonder if Hayne will get a few more years out of his body with the switch. I imagine with much fewer games and much less game time it wouldn't be as hard on the body as league. He could really have a good 5/6 year career over there.

Latest posts