What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL vs NFL

Nerd

Bench
Stick insect? How is that possible? All the NFL fan boi's have been telling us Hayne would never make it because he's not some super superior American athlete and grand master chess wizard to understand the rules?

Agree. All this carry on about collisions like as if they don't occur in the NRL. They wear helmets and padding ffs.

VictoryFC

Bench
+Crowds
+Atmosphere
+Big hits

-Too many stoppages / ad after ad after ad
-Too many games / teams (at least for me) to keep up with from week to week

If I'm home and it's on TV I'll usually have it on in the background though.

NFL gamepass... Condensed games, shows you every play, over in 30 minutes, no ads.

I agree about too many teams. At least until you realise than 70% of them arent worth watching in any given year. And then you realise that most nfl fans know a handful of key players on most teams, and thats it. Your qb, receivers, running back, maybe a linebacker here and there. Overwhelming at first but deceivingly so.

The real trick with the nfl is to avoid following one team. Follow the whole league and youll have a much better time.

unforgiven

Bench
Gkd if I can catch you being serious for a moment why the lions. I got into NFL because of my brother in law who supports the lions. I went with the niners because I spent a bit of time in the bay area and already half followed the giants in baseball.

But like I ask him why the lions. He has no affiliation with Detroit and they are such a random team to follow.

Not as random as mine, go the Bengals

nick87

Coach
That's a f**king sweet move.

I dont doubt that there is a few NRL players who could pull that off. Still its bloody impressive to watch in full flight. Could not have hit it any sweeter than he did.

typicalfan

Coach
Spin moves don't really work in the NRL even if one could. It can hurt your forward momentum if you get it wrong which can negatively affect the rest of the set.

Sweet move though, love it.

Danish

Referee
Spin moves only work is absolute broken play so aren't used much at all in league. Someone trying to put a spin move on a defender while running at a set line will simply get creamed by the inside man, for example.NFL defence pay the line of scrimmage is a genuine cluster duck at times so they get more opportunity to pull off fancy moves on defenders.

In saying that RTS pulled a nice one off against the Sharks last year.

18to87

First Grade
NRL players don't come across defenders who overcommit and worry so much about getting the biggest hit possible like they seem to in the NFL (and the 96 in this video)

Fair point. Although this is college.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Yes. There's a video of Shannon gallant doing it in the Sydney shield or whatever it is from a kick return on Instagram. Everyone was calling him Jarryd hayne. NFL players aren't some type of gods.