What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL360

Pretty Penny

Juniors
Vonnie sucks up to them all way too much especially Kenty. It is kitsch like and embarrassing to watch!!!!

Have an opinion of your own Vonnie.

Its an opinion show and you are just filling up space regurgitating and summarising what other people think. At least Lara Pitt has her own opinion and has a go back at some of the male clowns on the show.

The_Frog

First Grade
Von used to be likeable when she was on 9. Being around the turds at fox league have turned her into a punish.
Being likeable is overrated.

Sampson is a professional, and would have been briefed on exactly what is expected from her, persona-wise.

Perth Red

Post Whore
She seems a bit keen to placate the boys and needs to step,in abit harder to shut them up, Ikin style. Weirdly hooper actually did it this last week!

souths_reborn

Juniors
Vonnie sucks up to them all way too much especially Kenty. It is kitsch like and embarrassing to watch!!!!

Have an opinion of your own Vonnie.

Its an opinion show and you are just filling up space regurgitating and summarising what other people think. At least Lara Pitt has her own opinion and has a go back at some of the male clowns on the show.
I've always thought Vonnie's position at Fox Sports has been a bit tokenistic. She comes across as being warm and likable, which attracts viewers and makes for a good presenter. However, in terms of actual rugby league knowledge and being able to formulate an opinion, she is really lacking in this area. I think someone like Hannah Hollis would be a better choice and she comes across as being more intelligent and is a stronger personality too.

Pretty Penny

Juniors
Vonnie is like the group mum. She plays that role to all the guys when she is co-ordinating the Saturday game in studio commentary and now she is playing that exact role on NRL360. To me it has lost that cutting edge and it is a Yes Mum show.

Lara Pitt is a better exponent of opinion journalism and can hold it with the others very well. Imo Lara Pitt would have been a better choice than Vonnie to be the new NRL360 host.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Vonnie is like the group mum. She plays that role to all the guys when she is co-ordinating the Saturday game in studio commentary and now she is playing that exact role on NRL360. To me it has lost that cutting edge and it is a Yes Mum show.

Lara Pitt is a better exponent of opinion journalism and can hold it with the others very well. Imo Lara Pitt would have been a better choice than Vonnie to be the new NRL360 host.
Looking at the body language I get the sense Kent doesnt like Lara and is mates with Vonnie, no doubt he would have influenced the decision.

Pretty Penny

Juniors
Yes, Kenty doesn't mind Vonnie playing the healing host Mummy role but wowbetide any women like Lara Pitt moving into his opinion role, Kenty sees Lara as red meat and wants to chew her up and spit her out back to the homes and gardens section of Foxtel.

souths_reborn

Juniors
Sack the 'journalists'.

Make Vossy the host, get a few genuinely likeable personalities and rename it The Sunday Roast - from Monday to Thursday. I still genuinely miss that show, that was so good.
The problem with having Voss is that he is on the autism spectrum and therefore gets easily distracted. Could you imagine trying to have a sensible debate and then having Vossy interject with some ridiculous random fact or how amusing it was seeing a touch judge fall over etc?