What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL's biggest grub?

Who is the NRL's biggest grub

• Luke Patten

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Shayne Dunley

Votes: 12 9.1%
  • Chris Walker

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • Willie Manu

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Josh Perry

Votes: 21 15.9%
  • Michael Crocker

Votes: 37 28.0%
  • Terry Hill

Votes: 18 13.6%
  • Corey Hughes

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Jason Stevens

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Simon Woolford

Votes: 10 7.6%

• Total voters

legend

Coach
For mine Luke Patten and Shayne Dunley are fighting it out. Patten is the master of the late cheap shot on opposing players after they score. Always with the niggle like falling on players deliberately and dropping the knees.

Dunley, well that's a given but I thought he was a grub long before the spitting incident. I'm sure there are more but these two immediately spring to mind.

Broncodroid

Juniors
Voted: Josh Perry

Terry Hill deserves a special mention for more than a decade of it. Phil Bailey you could argue, same for Mick Crocker and Justin Hodges.

Admittedly Hodges and Bailey have turned it down in 2005 which is helping their footy.

fat_mike

Juniors
What about corey hughes. grubiest brub of all.
terrible player to watch due to every single tackle theres pathetic niggle even if he's being tackled. Lord of the grubs is corey

skeepe

Immortal
fat_mike said:
What about corey hughes. grubiest brub of all.
terrible player to watch due to every single tackle theres pathetic niggle even if he's being tackled. Lord of the grubs is corey

You sure you're not talking about Michael Crocker there? Because you got the description down pat.

fat_mike

Juniors
hughes is more a grub then crocker. crock is a pain in the ass to watch and the time in premier league should be extended. but hughews is in a class of his own trying to get cheap pathetic penalties, constant holding down with the forearm and general grubby behaviour.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Crocker gets my vote.

I agree with Mike about Hughes, but Crocker out does him for mine.

I'll nominate Bird as the up and comer, many years of grub to come from him. :(

I think there is a difference between being a niggling player and being a grub.

A niggling player uses it as a tactic to get his opposition out of their comfort zone.

A grub just blindly does dirty things in a game because he is a grub. There is nothing tactical about it.

JJ

Immortal
Crocker gets my vote...

Honourable mention to the others on the list (Hill at least has some humour with what he does).

Woolford, Hodges, and Betham could possibly be added to the list

Latest posts