What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL's biggest grub?

Who is the NRL's biggest grub

• Luke Patten

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Shayne Dunley

Votes: 12 9.1%
  • Chris Walker

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • Willie Manu

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Josh Perry

Votes: 21 15.9%
  • Michael Crocker

Votes: 37 28.0%
  • Terry Hill

Votes: 18 13.6%
  • Corey Hughes

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Jason Stevens

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Simon Woolford

Votes: 10 7.6%

• Total voters

innsaneink

Referee
nospam49™ said:
I think there is a difference between being a niggling player and being a grub.

A niggling player uses it as a tactic to get his opposition out of their comfort zone.

A grub just blindly does dirty things in a game because he is a grub. There is nothing tactical about it.

Sorta like Ben Cross smackin Bryce Gibbs from behind and on his blind side after being picked up & dumped?

nospam49™ said:

A niggling player uses it as a tactic to get his opposition out of their comfort zone.

A grub just blindly does dirty things in a game because he is a grub. There is nothing tactical about it.

I refuse to vote until Tyran Smith gets up there but probably walker because he's just an A grade dirtbag.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Well Grub and Thug are different things

Grub = Spitting, wedgies, facials etc
Thug = cheap shots, high shorts, knees, eye gouge

Biggest Grubs: Shayne Dunley and Jason Stevens
Biggest Thugs: Josh Perry and Michael Crocker

bulldog

Bench
nospam49™ said:

Agreed, big difference between the two, and I think some people in this thread haven't made that distinction.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
has to be Terry Hill.. Perry is more of a thug so doesn't belong in this catgory. Crocker deserves to be in the list bu not Walker. Walker sucks as a player but the rubbish he use to carry on with at the Bronco's has barely surfaced at the Roosters. He is also suprisingly a very down to earth person to talk to off the field and always has time for fans that approach him.

aqua_duck

Coach
Corey Hughes is the biggest ceat, will go to any length to milk a penalty, plays for penalties almost, if there's a player coming back on side from the other team hughes will pass it into him on purpose to get a penalty even if ders a 7 man overlap on the other side of the field. Really doesn't care about scoring/setting up tries at times.

As for grub, from recent years-hodges, this year not sure.

Raider_69

Post Whore
innsaneink said:
Sorta like Ben Cross smackin Bryce Gibbs from behind and on his blind side after being picked up & dumped?

Or Gibbs waiting untill #12 tackled Cross the the ground and nailing him several times from behind. :)

The Business

Juniors
Can't understand why Crocker is leading. He plays it tough, doesn't spit or put on cheap shots like others on that list. I voted for Walker.

Latest posts