What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL's MOST UNDER RATED PLAYER???

albi

Juniors
Clinton Schifcoske. Unlucky not to be selected for QLD in recent times.
Josh Miller - Agreed, absolute animal.
Ian Hindmarsh - when playing well is excellent.

Mr Saab

Referee
i dont know why people quote stats as a means to prove a player is good or bad. Stats are for 10 yr old kids who know no better.
stats tell only 30% of the full story

ozzy_ozman

Juniors
albi said:
Clinton Schifcoske. Unlucky not to be selected for QLD in recent times.
Josh Miller - Agreed, absolute animal.
Ian Hindmarsh - when playing well is excellent.

josh miller? BAHAHAHAHAHA! :lol:

There he is running towards Mark O'Meley and all of a sudden he gets knocked the f**k out! :lol:

albi

Juniors
ozzy_ozman said:
josh miller? BAHAHAHAHAHA! :lol:

There he is running towards Mark O'Meley and all of a sudden he gets knocked the f**k out! :lol:

Agreed he came out of that battle second best:( However, O'Meley is an absolute beast, and considered by many to be the best prop in the game. So not entirely fair to use him as a measure of Miller's ability.

Charlie Saab said:
i dont know why people quote stats as a means to prove a player is good or bad. Stats are for 10 yr old kids who know no better.
stats tell only 30% of the full story

pfft the world wouldnt exsit without stats.

so where'd you get ur 30% from?

Special K

Coach
Phil Bailey - everyone sh*ts on him yet he is the glue that holds the Cronulla side together. If he goes off tries are ran in, if he is moved from the right side tries are ran in. He works his arse off for the sharks but everyone disses him. If Bailey didn't play for the Sharks this season its a fair thing to say they could be bottom four.

Watch a sharks game and see what he does for the side. It is crazy the amount of clean ups he does.

Mr Saab

Referee
eeelectroshooting? said:
pfft the world wouldnt exsit without stats.

so where'd you get ur 30% from?

These specific stats were not used in the 60s and 70s and league got by just fine when judging a player for what he did on the field.

I look at quality and not quantity. So a player make 20 hitups and makes 200 yards. Yeah, on the surface that seems great. But examine each hitup. Did he have a quick play the ball
Did he offload
Did he draw in 2-3 defenders
Was he dominated in the tackle....
list goes on.

forward pass

Coach
ozzy_ozman said:
steve price

Are you seriously saying Steve Price is under rated?????? He has played for Qld & Australia so he is hardly under rated. He gets praise and acknowledged all the time.

I think we are referring to players who don't get the wraps they deserve....

budz

Juniors
I reckon its Ashley Harrison. I know he was 18th man in the QLD Origin side, but how he hasnt played Origin yet is beyond me. He has been carving up in an atrocious side for the last 2 years.

Harold Bishop

Juniors
Josh Miller- i am not a raiders fan, but this guy is a beast, he runs with such intensity and doesnt take a backward step; could be in city/country origin soon.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
if he keeps this form he will be a cert for next years City/Country

I agree. I never really took much notice of him till Sundays game he is quite a machine. Is he a local junior raider_69?

Raider_69

Post Whore
Snoop Shark said:
I agree. I never really took much notice of him till Sundays game he is quite a machine. Is he a local junior raider_69?

i believe so but not 100% sure
he is much in the same mould of a danny nuttley

I know he is getting more and more wraps,
But Steve Bell from the Strom is Dynomite, carves them up,
every time he takes the ball to the line.
If QLD don't pick him in SOO 3, they have rocks in their head.....

northern eagle

Juniors
Braith Anasta has to one of the most underrated. After being tagged overated years ago it seems he lives with the tag. This year he has been one of the best players in the NRL.

albi

Juniors
Snoop Shark said:

Snoop, Josh was discovered in Forbes, NSW, by Raiders scouts. Came to Canberra in 2000 to play Flegg as a very young man.

He is a top fellow. At the time, I worked for a charity supporting adults with Intellectual disabilities. Josh turned up one day wanting to do volunteer work. Ended up getting a job there full-time. Now of course he is a full time footy player.

Latest posts