What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL's next superstar....is.....

ShineDog

Juniors
BEN ROBERTS

Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs have another superstar in the making. Ben played halfback for NZ in a one of Test last year and had some games towards the end of the season with the Dogs " A " Team, and played extremely well.

This guy has the attacking ability of Ewan McGrady and the defensive skills of an Andrew Johns. He can play half, 5'8 , Centre , Wing , and hooker.

Big call but IMO he will be bigger than Benji and Sonny Bill combined.

Your thoughts on Ben or another player we should watch out for?????

brendothejet

First Grade
ShineDog said:
BEN ROBERTS

Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs have another superstar in the making. Ben played halfback for NZ in a one of Test last year and had some games towards the end of the season with the Dogs " A " Team, and played extremely well.

This guy has the attacking ability of Ewan McGrady and the defensive skills of an Andrew Johns. He can play half, 5'8 , Centre , Wing , and hooker.

Big call but IMO he will be bigger than Benji and Sonny Bill combined.

Your thoughts on Ben or another player we should watch out for?????

biggest wind up since Gwen Steffani's last single... surely?

ShineDog

Juniors
brendothejet said:
biggest wind up since Gwen Steffani's last single... surely?

To true, to true.

But the kid has potential beyond his yrs.
We will see if my predictions are true.
Sometimes an extra bit of padding is required to create the needed effect.

Dogaholic

First Grade
LMAO

I am hoping to see shifty back from injury next week. Roberts didn't do much at all. Took the FG attempt far too early when we could have had another 3 tackles to work the ball up.

6 Holdsworth
7 Shifty
9 hughes

bench: Roberts (replacement for hughes during the game.)

ShineDog

Juniors
Dogaholic said:
LMAO

I am hoping to see shifty back from injury next week. Roberts didn't do much at all. Took the FG attempt far too early when we could have had another 3 tackles to work the ball up.

6 Holdsworth
7 Shifty
9 hughes

bench: Roberts (replacement for hughes during the game.)

I agree that Shifty and Holdsworth need to be the halves combination.
Roberts deserves a shot at the hooking role, Hughes to the bench.
Corey has a tendancy to give away a 1000 penalties a game.
Roberts from dummy half would be a great idea IMO.

Dogaholic

First Grade
I don't think Roberts will be the next big anything.

Hughes starting hooker.

roberts for impact off the bench.

petetheileet

First Grade
I was impressed by Roberts on the weekend Williams will loose us more games than he wins out of our boys i was very happy with Dan Hunt

D

Deleted member 10972

Mitchell Aubusson & Josh Lewis, the young Roosters halves, will run rampant through this thread!

panthersballboy

Juniors
The bloke that played hooker for the Knights, Seu Seu, looks the goods. He should get a bench spot when Bedsy returns. Smith seems to like rotating hookers.

sheet_ed

Juniors
Israel Falou - 17yrs old 100kg 6'3" and an aggressive player to boot. All this and he is a winger.

Is slotted to play 12 games for the Storm this year and has already scored his first try.

brooksy19

Bench
Roberts, Williams, Seu Seu and Mullen all impressive.

Im pretty sure the Tigers wanted to keep Roberts but he didnt think he'd get a gig with Marshall & prince at the club.

petetheileet

First Grade
The Mack said:
Mitchell Aubusson & Josh Lewis, the young Roosters halves, will run rampant through this thread!
The only young rooster worth a mention is Ndaira...that kid is goin places, dnt kno why we let him go

i prefer sherwin to be honest, just more experience, sherwin hasnt been the same player he was, but his form last year was way better than the year before, roberts didnt do much kicking yesterday, and all the pressure basically fell on holdsworth.
roberts in my opinion should play off the bench.

Dogs Of War

Coach
jimmy_the_greek said:
i prefer sherwin to be honest, just more experience, sherwin hasnt been the same player he was, but his form last year was way better than the year before, roberts didnt do much kicking yesterday, and all the pressure basically fell on holdsworth.
roberts in my opinion should play off the bench.

I prefer Sherwin as well. Hopefully all the off field dramas are now behind him. Roberts would make a great option off the bench in the hooking role.

Latest posts