What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL's next superstar....is.....

Im thinking that young bloke at the dragons Richie Williams???

I cant post in a thread like this without being biased either....

Joe Picker

aqua_duck

Coach
Watch out for Corey Paterson who makes hi debut againsit this week, he's abi like Trent Waterhouse in the way he plays, big, tall frame, good offloaded, but is well ahead of waterhouse at the same age.

Rutager

Juniors
What ever happened to that Snowden from Newcastle, knights fans said he was better than SBW.

Anyone know what happened?

Pumba

First Grade
Rutager said:
What ever happened to that Snowden from Newcastle, knights fans said he was better than SBW.

Anyone know what happened?

Kade was dropped down to Flegg last year to get a bit of confidence. He played very well in Premier League last weekend and has been named on a extended bench this weekend I don't think he will play. He has alot of potential and is a monster.

Jarrod Mullen is already a superstar but that best thing is he has alot of improvement in him.

Watch for Akulia Uate he is sensational.

Xplosive

Juniors
Pumba said:
Kade was dropped down to Flegg last year to get a bit of confidence. He played very well in Premier League last weekend and has been named on a extended bench this weekend I don't think he will play. He has alot of potential and is a monster.

Jarrod Mullen is already a superstar but that best thing is he has alot of improvement in him.

Watch for Akulia Uate he is sensational.

Akulia Uate is overrated harddd.
He does not impress me at all

Someone that struck me from the newcastle game on the weekend (and no, it wasnt mullen) was a couple of the forwards, off the bench, patterson and white? They looked the goods, hopefully you guys can hold onto them

aqua_duck

Coach
Pateson has been touted as a future rep player for a season or two, he made all the junior rep teams last season and has all the weapons including speed, agility, a big frame (he's 194cm and 105kg and has room to get even bigger), and he' got a decent offload on him ala trent waterhouse.

Matt White is someone who always had abit of size and mongrel in him but who's career never went anywhere under the regime of Hagan and Fairleigh who weren't crash hot about the idea of big powerful forwards. AT one stage last year it looked as though White would be back playing in the local comp and lost to the NRL but Smith obviously saw something in him and the fact he's only 22 or 23 meant he was someone who could still get alot better. Persoanlly I see him as our equivalent of Ben ross in 2003 for the panthers

domdom

Juniors
look for some big moves from the commentary box from big gorden tallis.

the guy has been working hard in the off season on his vocabulary and is ready to hit the territory ben ikin took when he chanced upon the term "believe you me".

and in keeping with tradition in this thread - ballin. he plays for manly and got 3 dally m points in his first senior game against the westie tigs on the weekend.

roopy

Referee
Xplosive said:
Akulia Uate is overrated harddd.
He does not impress me at all
What do you base that on?
His form for Aus schoolboys?
His form for NSW u19s?
His form for Fiji A?
His twenty three tries last season?
His 10.8 sec hundred metres when he was 16?
The fact that he is 6'3" and 95kg?

He has been in this country for three years now. You would think he would have achieved more.

kooriguy

Juniors
Calixte said:
Gordon for Penrith showed some nice touches vs Bulldogs.

gordon (another great koori wing/centre) played most of last year, but how good was his goal kicking against dogs.. micheal jennings played his first game over the weekend and will be a superstar as will gordon. :cool: