What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRLW team

roofromoz

First Grade
The Australian Rugby League Commission has approved the expansion of the NRL Telstra Women’s Premiership, Ampol Women’s State of Origin and the introduction of a salary cap system which will increase average salaries by 28%.

To ensure new teams have time to prepare and allow further talent development, the 2022 NRLW season will remain at six teams before expanding to eight teams in 2023 and 10 teams in 2024. The Commission will determine new licences by July this year.

I am thinking that one of these may be handed back to the Warriors (unless the Titans are just temporarily holding that licence).

What are the chances of one of these licences going to Penrith?

Iamback

Coach

I am thinking that one of these may be handed back to the Warriors (unless the Titans are just temporarily holding that licence).

What are the chances of one of these licences going to Penrith?

Not chance yet.

They have to make changes or it is just throwing money away

The_Frog

First Grade
Unltill we have a dog in this fight, I don't watch NRLW except for the finals.
Me neither. This is probably why they gave the licences to clubs with large supporter bases, Broncos, Dragons, Parra. Roosters are a bit of a mystery though and Titans are just keeping the Warriors seat warm.

Original Name

Juniors
Cows and Warriors first surely. All of our local girls can just go play for the Eels. A bit harder if you live all the way in NZ or North Queensland.

Iamback

Coach
Cows and Warriors first surely. All of our local girls can just go play for the Eels. A bit harder if you live all the way in NZ or North Queensland.

They want the comp to be self funded. Having the cities all covered does that. It will make it viable for other clubs to join later this way

Iamback

Coach
Surely fund an entire country before another city at the very least though.

Warriors only aren't here due to travel

Cows were promised next in last expansion

Canberra have the funds and want a team. So them and Souths you think are last.

Maybe you can jump for 10-16 in 5 years or so to get it to mirror NRL

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I watch the girls play, they have come along way and the quality of footy seems to get better with every game.

I’d definitely love to see a Panthers side in the mix, it would be great to have a side to support, but I do thing the NRL need to be careful.

Iamback

Coach
I watch the girls play, they have come along way and the quality of footy seems to get better with every game.

I’d definitely love to see a Panthers side in the mix, it would be great to have a side to support, but I do thing the NRL need to be careful.

I watch it in passing.

nothing against the standard or anything. I just follow too many sports and my team is often on the same time.

Or it is on when it is bath time for the kids. A Panthers team is a different story

Whino

Bench
Girl power

The ARL Commission will award four new NRLW licences by July this year, with the competition to expand to eight teams in 2023 and 10 teams in 2024.

While there’s been no formal discussions, I’m told the NRL is very keen for the Panthers to have a team in the competition to help ensure the growth of the women’s game in western Sydney.

Iamback

Coach
Girl power

The ARL Commission will award four new NRLW licences by July this year, with the competition to expand to eight teams in 2023 and 10 teams in 2024.

While there’s been no formal discussions, I’m told the NRL is very keen for the Panthers to have a team in the competition to help ensure the growth of the women’s game in western Sydney.

It would be good but I can't see how a region gets over looked. Maybe no Warriors yet?

ACTPanthers

Bench
Biased opinion: I want the Panthers to have a team in this comp - Love watching it now so this would add an additional reason to enjoy it

Iamback

Coach
Biased opinion: I want the Panthers to have a team in this comp - Love watching it now so this would add an additional reason to enjoy it

I would be great.

I just can't see it before NQ, Canberra and Warriors again.

Souths want in. Given their prestige they are probably in front of us

WestyLife

First Grade
Girl power

That would be cool.

Latest posts