What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW 18s name 4 Dragons

Steelman

Juniors
Jack Bird Jackson Hastings euan Aitken and Drew Hutchison have been named in the team to take on the Queensland team next Wednesday night. 4 very talented boys players the dragons should lock up long term. Anyway good luck fellas. ....

DragonBuck

Juniors
We need to lock young Hastings up long term now. I have no doubt the rorters will be looking to lure him over to Bondi.

Cruisin_Dugan

Juniors
Hastings is a future gun! May need to sign him to a big deal to keep him in the short term.. And from what i seen of Jack Bird in 20's he is going to be a good back rower!

possum

:sarcasm: I wish everyone would shut up about this Hasting kid he hasn't played that good against the harder teams and rates him self too much , when he can play against the tougher boys then I will eat my words, i
no he is 17 but some of the other kids are 17 too and are 18 at the end of this year so he is not that much younger.
It is the name and the Media that are making him something that he hasn't proved yet ,Don't get me wrong he is a good player , I don't think he is the best Junior we have coming through thou And dragons are licking his arse starting to get a bit much .We need to encourage all our juniors he is not the only one.:roll:

BennyV

Referee
:sarcasm: I wish everyone would shut up about this Hasting kid he hasn't played that good against the harder teams and rates him self too much , when he can play against the tougher boys then I will eat my words, i
no he is 17 but some of the other kids are 17 too and are 18 at the end of this year so he is not that much younger.
It is the name and the Media that are making him something that he hasn't proved yet ,Don't get me wrong he is a good player , I don't think he is the best Junior we have coming through thou And dragons are licking his arse starting to get a bit much .We need to encourage all our juniors he is not the only one.:roll:

The name helps, but the kid is a good player, he is naturally gifted, has vision and plays to his instincts. However, there is a HUGE amount of work ahead of him if he wants to hit first grade, in terms of his body (to prevent injury and condition himself), his attitude (word is he is fairly full of himself and needs to become a team player to survive at dragons) and his talents (huge step up to first grade)...

I've mentioned before, I feel like Shannon Crook is a more complete halfback and is an equally good, if not better, prospect. His injury may hamper him though. But you're right, there are plenty of other juniors we can be excited about, possibly some very underrated ones that will be huge for dragons in years to come!

Father Ted

First Grade

Is'nt it better to be excited about guys like Hastings and Runciman than guys like Kasiano who will play for us only in fantasy island. Quick tip if Bennett and Politis both think you're good , You probably are.

Steelman

Juniors
Is'nt it better to be excited about guys like Hastings and Runciman than guys like Kasiano who will play for us only in fantasy island. Quick tip if Bennett and Politis both think you're good , You probably are.

Problem is Hastings thinks he's pretty good too:sarcasm:

Father Ted

First Grade
Problem is Hastings thinks he's pretty good too:sarcasm:

I understand but a halfback who does'nt is pretty useless. You're talking about the guy who has to direct play and tell big units that their having a bludge when their tired and unhappy. I don't want a humble underperformer I want Wally Lewis, Billy Slater like self belief and Arrogance. Our whole team is humble , I'm sick of humble .

I understand but a halfback who does'nt is pretty useless. You're talking about the guy who has to direct play and tell big units that their having a bludge when their tired and unhappy. I don't want a humble underperformer I want Wally Lewis, Billy Slater like self belief and Arrogance. Our whole team is humble , I'm sick of humble .

Good call, I'm sick of humble too. Think it complements mediocrity. We need an Anthony Mundine type to stir the place up a bit.

supermums

Juniors
Why dont you just lay of Hastings he is 17 and has acheived plenty for his young years why dont you do some research on the kid instead of just running him down...he has not asked for any of this attention he is receiving so some of you just need to back off and grow up he is still a kid and has plenty of growing to do......
Not many players at 17 are in the position he has found himself in.....
well done Jacko you dont have to prove yourself to any of these critics....
All the best in your future go get those Queenslanders next Wednesday Night finally able to play in your favourite position number 7:D

ghostface

Juniors

You summed it up well. The criticism of over confidence from younger players is complete bullshit. The Dragons want to keep him and the argument from some that the Dragons are critical of his confidence is truly clutching at straws.

Why dont you just lay of Hastings he is 17 and has acheived plenty for his young years why dont you do some research on the kid instead of just running him down...he has not asked for any of this attention he is receiving so some of you just need to back off and grow up he is still a kid and has plenty of growing to do......
Not many players at 17 are in the position he has found himself in.....
well done Jacko you dont have to prove yourself to any of these critics....
All the best in your future go get those Queenslanders next Wednesday Night finally able to play in your favourite position number 7:D

hell hath no fury like the scorn of a mother protecting her offspring.

Can you play half-back ??

: )

supermums

Juniors
No wrong definately not his mother.......but yes she did play rugby league and from what I have heard still represents oz tag for Australia.....
im a dragon's supporter just like you but i just cannot stand looser's like yourself putting shit on talented kids we have in our system......

Father Ted

First Grade
Actually he is Quite a nice chap the old Black forest Dragon and like myself quite pro Hastings. Would'nt you like to get to know a few people on the forum first before you open fire?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I thought for the most part that young Hastings had received a positive report in this forum.

I for one welcome Supermums to the forum. I'm new here myself, but had been reading this forum for a long time before I ever made a post.

I read lots of NRL forums when I'm desperate for news or opinions about my beloved Dragons. It's like brainstorming. Some of the ideas presented here seem to come straight out of left field (excuse the baseball metaphor), but that's part of the fun.

Overwhelmingly, I credit this forum for well considered views, lively debate, and a good sense of fellowship. Reading other NRL forums cracks me up. You don't even need to add any trash talk because they can't wait to insult each other already.

IMO, ladies on the forum can only be a good thing, so, from me, welcome Supermums. We're all Dragons supporters after all.

Welcome.

Latest posts