What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW 18s name 4 Dragons

Father Ted

First Grade
Jackson Hastings

00189647_Image.jpg

• Date of Birth: 4 January, 1996
  • Height: 184 cm
  • Weight: 87 kg
  • Position: Fullback, Halfback
  • Rep. Honours: NA
  • Junior Clubs: Wests Devils
  • Previous Clubs: NA
  • FG Debut: NA
  • Club Debut: NA
Interesting a couple of weeks a go he was listed as just a fullback , that has changed very recently. As in front office one percenters . How do I say this like a gentleman ? There's too many people in the front office that have'nt a f**king clue

Last edited:

Father Ted

First Grade
This sounds ridiculous if true. I would highly doubt it given he is such a talent and according to an earlier post by Steelman that the club is looking at moving him into FG as early as 2014.

He was listed as a fullback only a couple of weeks a go on the club web site

Minh

First Grade
He was listed as a fullback only a couple of weeks a go on the club web site

They better change their stance then, we need a halfback and he's the most talented prospect coming through. We've already got a log jam of fullbacks in Cummins, Quinlan and Beale. If the club had some foresight they would ease Hastings into first grade ASAP and look towards making him our permanent option within two or three years.

watatank

Coach
It's just manager talk. Hastings' versatility is a huge positive and any club interested in him would be looking at him as a 1,6,7,9 not just as a halfback, whether that's his best position or not.

He's young, there's plenty of time for him to develop.

twinkletoes

Juniors
It's just manager talk. Hastings' versatility is a huge positive and any club interested in him would be looking at him as a 1,6,7,9 not just as a halfback, whether that's his best position or not.

He's young, there's plenty of time for him to develop.

Its good to be versatile...but I think the Dragons would be looking at a future halfback given the problems we have had over a long period of time. It would make sense to be grooming him in that position at this early stage so he could progress easily into the higher grades when that occurs...if that happens at the Dragons, which we all hope...

BennyV

Referee
Interesting comment from Danny Weidler in todays paper implying that Jackson Hastings, who played half for the U20's State of Origin was unlikely to stay at Dragons because he can't get a run at halfback, which is his preferrred position. I was unaware that they were so full of talent in the half position in the lower grades. Can someone please let me know what great halfbacks we have in the lower grades to keep this kid out of that position

The only REAL halfback ahead of him in lower grades is Crook, but he's out injured, so I cannot figure out why he's not getting a run at 7 over Jacob Neil.

But as mentioned, his versatility is huge. I reckon he'd equally well at 5/8 where he'd be able to inject himself at will and focus on creating rather than organising (Thurston style). Either way, good to hear that Dragons are going out of their way to hold him.

hermidale1

Juniors
What everyone seems to forget, his manager is Sam Ayoub, and I am pretty certain if he has said he wants to wait until after the schoolboys tournament, it would be to find out exactly what his value is as nobody knows for sure. He would have a rough figure, but not a definate number. I'm pretty sure the Dragons have spoken to him and his manager about resigning, but it now becomes a waiting game and then it will be a bidding war. At the end of the day, the kid will be offered the world by a few clubs and his value will be pretty big in comparison to a few other players. There is no doubting he is a good player and will be a future NRL star. How far, nobody knows. But at the end of the day, the Dragons will try hard to hold onto him, but it will be his and his family's decision. There will be nothing that anyone can do. So why bag the Dragons??? Also, if the Roosters are after him they will do everything in their power to ensure they get him.

BennyV

Referee
What everyone seems to forget, his manager is Sam Ayoub, and I am pretty certain if he has said he wants to wait until after the schoolboys tournament, it would be to find out exactly what his value is as nobody knows for sure. He would have a rough figure, but not a definate number. I'm pretty sure the Dragons have spoken to him and his manager about resigning, but it now becomes a waiting game and then it will be a bidding war. At the end of the day, the kid will be offered the world by a few clubs and his value will be pretty big in comparison to a few other players. There is no doubting he is a good player and will be a future NRL star. How far, nobody knows. But at the end of the day, the Dragons will try hard to hold onto him, but it will be his and his family's decision. There will be nothing that anyone can do. So why bag the Dragons??? Also, if the Roosters are after him they will do everything in their power to ensure they get him.

:sarcasm::crazy:

Father Ted

First Grade
This Hastings kid may or may not have a big head but could it be that other guys his age are envious could it not. I wonder with the Roosters reportedly chasing Hastings it must be to play fullback because who would they move on Pearce or Maloney in the foreseeable future.

I think Saints would be wise to do all in their power to keep a rare talent like Hastings and even fast track him into First Grade possibly in 2015 and not let him languish and get bored. I can't wait for the new wave of young talent to come through, I hope they stay.

Today's the day! Origin time, grew up as kids and now we are finally here together finally! Actually can't believe it ( Hastings )

Seems these two are close mates. Hope that works for us as a package deal .

Attachments

• Bro's.jpg
    Bro's.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 3

supermums

Juniors
Father Ted you are correct Bird and Hastings great mates and even better than that the mum's are best friends and have been since the boys were babies. I have a contact close that told me Rooster's have made a final offer Ayoub had a meeting with Doust today and now Penrith North Qld and Bronco's keen to have a crack.
Hastings and Aitken at schoolboys and Bird out for many weeks due to incident at Harp Hotel. I get the feeling Bird wants out and Hasting's has no idea what he wants to do but I have been assured he has signed nowhere. Parents would love for the boy's to stay together..They are by far the best two junours this club has had come thru the system for a long time...Trent Barrett could be the key to Penrith Hastings mum also close with the Barrett household and Trent thinks Hastings a future star.

Steelman

Juniors
Father Ted you are correct Bird and Hastings great mates and even better than that the mum's are best friends and have been since the boys were babies. I have a contact close that told me Rooster's have made a final offer Ayoub had a meeting with Doust today and now Penrith North Qld and Bronco's keen to have a crack.
Hastings and Aitken at schoolboys and Bird out for many weeks due to incident at Harp Hotel. I get the feeling Bird wants out and Hasting's has no idea what he wants to do but I have been assured he has signed nowhere. Parents would love for the boy's to stay together..They are by far the best two junours this club has had come thru the system for a long time...Trent Barrett could be the key to Penrith Hastings mum also close with the Barrett household and Trent thinks Hastings a future star.

Bird does not want out he bleeds red and white, but knowing jack as I do he is a bit of larrikan as r most Berkeley boys his age. I don't know what's transpired at the harp but I'm sure it would not be to serious.

These boy's love playing together and they have been a devastating combo in the juniors. I'm sure they would love to continue there relationship together.

And just for the 'record I to know both mothers and I know they would like there sons to continue their careers
In the 'red V... it's now up to Doust and company to make it happen. ..

RedPenno

Juniors
thanks for the info supermum & steelman ,as an avid dragons tragic any info on our juniors is appreciated

nrlnrl

First Grade
Hastings & Aitken are in the NSW CHS side that'll be playing in the National Championships from this Sunday through to Friday 12th July. There are a few other players from Illawarra schools that I don't know about. Any info would be appreciated :

Nathan Leatigaga Figtree HS
Adam Clune Illawarra Sports SHS
Thomas Freebairn Illawarra Sports SHS

Also, are any of these guys playing with Dragons juniors ? ( we've had quite a few from there over the years )
Charles Morton Endeavour Sports SHS
Paul Momirovski Endeavour Sports SHS
Luciano Leilua Endeavour Sports SHS
Heheako Tuima Endeavour Sports SHS
Clayton Williams Endeavour Sports SHS

Father Ted

First Grade

Barrett joins a growing list of fans I think.. Why do you think Bird wants Out? Btw thank you for you're thoughts I really want to keep these two but am not optimistic .

Bird does not want out he bleeds red and white, but knowing jack as I do he is a bit of larrikan as r most Berkeley boys his age. I don't know what's transpired at the harp but I'm sure it would not be to serious.

These boy's love playing together and they have been a devastating combo in the juniors. I'm sure they would love to continue there relationship together.

And just for the 'record I to know both mothers and I know they would like there sons to continue their careers
In the 'red V... it's now up to Doust and company to make it happen. ..

Why I'm not optimistic. But God I'd love to be wrong.

Last edited:

watatank

Coach
Hastings & Aitken are in the NSW CHS side that'll be playing in the National Championships from this Sunday through to Friday 12th July. There are a few other players from Illawarra schools that I don't know about. Any info would be appreciated :

Nathan Leatigaga Figtree HS
Adam Clune Illawarra Sports SHS
Thomas Freebairn Illawarra Sports SHS

Also, are any of these guys playing with Dragons juniors ? ( we've had quite a few from there over the years )
Charles Morton Endeavour Sports SHS
Paul Momirovski Endeavour Sports SHS
Luciano Leilua Endeavour Sports SHS
Heheako Tuima Endeavour Sports SHS
Clayton Williams Endeavour Sports SHS

You could probably look at the team lists but from the top of my head.

Adam Clune was the Steelers SG Ball halfback. He's a skilful player but he's small and there's a few good halves coming through so we might not hear about him as much. Still, Young thought highly enough of him to use Hastings in another position.

I believe Luciano Leilua is the younger brother of Joseph and he's one of the St George SG Ball backrower. If he's any good I wonder if Newcastle would be interested there.

I'm surprised Dee Jay Harris is not involved, is he injured or fallen out of favour?

Father Ted

First Grade
You could probably look at the team lists but from the top of my head.

Adam Clune was the Steelers SG Ball halfback. He's a skilful player but he's small and there's a few good halves coming through so we might not hear about him as much. Still, Young thought highly enough of him to use Hastings in another position.

I believe Luciano Leilua is the younger brother of Joseph and he's one of the St George SG Ball backrower. If he's any good I wonder if Newcastle would be interested there.

I'm surprised Dee Jay Harris is not involved, is he injured or fallen out of favour?

I was sure Dee Jay Harris was someone we'd see a lot more off? I too am interested in his fete.

watatank

Coach
I'd be surprised if he wasn't injured because I think he would have been named in either the NYC team or the schoolboys team. Not sure what's going on.

supermums

Juniors
Dee JAY harris playing 18's for Shellharbour did not have a great year in SG ball has not been called into 20's training squad. Nathan is a lock great tackler gives 100% played off the bench SG BALL has played all his junior football with Hastings at West's Adam Clune is a great touch footballer but does give his all.I think the boys go to Cairns today good luck to them all with selection in Australian Schoolboys team.
If Hastings & Aitken make it not sure how many more games they will get to play in 20's lets hope we see them in a few....

nrlnrl

First Grade
Dee JAY harris playing 18's for Shellharbour did not have a great year in SG ball has not been called into 20's training squad. Nathan is a lock great tackler gives 100% played off the bench SG BALL has played all his junior football with Hastings at West's Adam Clune is a great touch footballer but does give his all.I think the boys go to Cairns today good luck to them all with selection in Australian Schoolboys team.
If Hastings & Aitken make it not sure how many more games they will get to play in 20's lets hope we see them in a few....

Thanks to you & all others for the extra info on these juniors. Obviously we'd like them all to stay with the Dragons, but let's be positive & just hope they all turn out to be excellent rugby league players wherever it may be.

Latest posts