What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW 2019

Fergo on the wing

Keary in for cleary

Which winger from 2018 would you drop? Addo-Carr or Trbjcvjcbvcc?

Or drop tedesco and Trbvbcvc to Fullback?

I agree I'd like to find spots for both Keary and Ferguson too...

As for other inclusions - given Jack De Belin currently suspended I'd look at bringing Wade Graham back in a this stage. And keep the rest of the forwards if they maintain form and not injured.

Re the likes of Pangai Jr and Cameron Murray - I'd like to see them play their best week in week out for an extensive period before considering.

Although I'll probably change my mind after another 5 rounds with a better view of form etc.

TheFrog

Coach
Tedesco won't be dropped, Trebojevic won't be dropped. Addocarr won't be dropped. Fergo did his dash ducking off to the pub with Duges ahead of an Origin decider two years ago, a match NSW lost by plenty. His only chance is an injury to one of the incumbents.

Graham will be lucky to be back on the field from his ACL. He is no chance this year. I know he's from my club but maybe its time to look at Isaah Yeo, a forward who can play in the backs, as well as middle and edge forward. He's even played in the halves in the juniors. He would be my utility at this stage.

Last edited:

myrrh ken

First Grade
Turbo centre. roberts out possibly. Plenty of time between now and then - injuries and drop in form might happen.

agree graham is unlikely.

Graham will be lucky to be back on the field from his ACL. He is no chance this year. I know he's from my club but maybe its time to look at Isaah Yeo, a forward who can play in the backs, as well as middle and edge forward. He's even played in the halves in the juniors. He would be my utility at this stage.

My Oversight re Graham.

How is Yeo after his 2 x concussions?

moffla

Bench
Curtis Scott must be close. He’s had a really good couple of years and is a bit of a merkin needed for origin.

Bias? Probably. But I’d like to see it

King hit

Coach
It’s really premature all of this Ferguson recall talk. Both Turbo and Addo Carr were very good last year, Turbo being one of the best. Addo Carr and Turbo have not done anything to warrant being dropped since and should have their positions locked down.

If they were injured then Ferguson would be considered but I feel his history could play against him

Valheru

Coach
It’s really premature all of this Ferguson recall talk. Both Turbo and Addo Carr were very good last year, Turbo being one of the best. Addo Carr and Turbo have not done anything to warrant being dropped since and should have their positions locked down.

If they were injured then Ferguson would be considered but I feel his history could play against him

I'm not sure it is premature. IMO fergo is clearly superior to both as a winger.

Problem is, as you say, neither has done anything wrong.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Addin Fonua Blake must be in line for a bench spot for the Blues. He is a beast.

I'd imagine that he's surely overtaken RCG.

Atm I'd have:

1. Tedesco
2. Addo Carr
3. Mitchell
4. Tom Turbo
5. Cotric
6. Keary
7. Cleary
8. Klemmer
9. Cook
10. Jake T
11. Cordner (leader of NSW)
12. Sims
13. Frizzell

14. Fonua Blake
15. McLean
16. Murray
17. Bird

Last edited:
Addin Fonua Blake must be in line for a bench spot for the Blues. He is a beast.

Atm I'd have:

1. Tedesco
2. Addo Carr
3. Mitchell
4. Tom Turbo
5. Cotric
6. Keary
7. Cleary
8. Klemmer
9. Cook
10. Jake T
12. Sims
13. Frizzell

14. Fonua Blake
15. McLean
16. Murray
17. Bird
AFB isn't eligible.

chrisD

Coach
1. Tedesco
2. Addo Carr
3. Mitchell
4. Roberts
5. Ferguson
6. Moylan/Moses
7. Keary
8. Klemmer
9. Cook
10. Vaughan
11. Cordner
12. Frizzell
13. J.Trbojevic

14. Fifita
15. T.Sims
16. J.Jackson
17. Peachey I suppose.

TheFrog

Coach

Atm I'd have:

1. Tedesco
2. Addo Carr
3. Mitchell
4. Tom Turbo
5. Cotric
6. Keary
7. Cleary
8. Klemmer
9. Cook
10. Jake T
12. Sims
13. Frizzell

14. Fonua Blake
15. McLean
16. Murray
17. Bird
Reasonable 13, shit bench. Bird might be a shot though due to his utility value. Replacing one out of form prop with another.

Last edited:
Below is the NSW Players from 2018, and my amended for 2019 as of today if a team had to be picked. Yes I realise it's still weeks away and a lot can happen etc etc, but had a spare hour on my hands.

• Shows starters for Game #1 last year / Game #2 / Game #3 where applicable.
  • Interchanges - no order and Vaughan not shown to avoid duplication.
  • Doesn't include "shadow" players.
  • Players/Positions in Bold incumbents > replacements . Trbjoevic injury and De Belin Suspension, others I'd replace
  • Rest as is.

1. James Tedesco
2. Josh Addo-Carr
3. James Roberts > BJ Leilua
4. Latrell Mitchell
5. Tom Trbojevic > Blake Ferguson
6. James Maloney > Luke Keary
7. Nathan Cleary > Adam Reynolds
8. Reagan Campbell-Gillard #1 / Matt Prior #2
/ > Paul Vaughan #3
9. Damien Cook
10. David Klemmer
11. Boyd Cordner (capt)
12. Tyson Frizell
13. Jack de Belin > Josh Jackson

Interchanges:
14. Jake Trbojevic
15. Angus Crichton > Matt Lodge
16. Tyrone Peachey > Jack Bird

17. Tariq Sims

Of the above, assume some would raise eyebrows.. especially Matt Lodge.

Reasoning for changes - for what it's worth..

Roberts > Leilua. Not due to his recent off field concerns. Form is ok at best even accounting for the form of his whole team being average. Was ok last year. I hope he does pick up his form as I like him as a player. Leilua has been very good, and pleasingly seems to have a lot of the rubbish out of his game.

Trbojevic > Ferguson. TT injury. Ferguson very strong performances. May have cards marked though by Fittler.

Maloney > Keary. Keary is light years ahead on form. Penrith backline has only scored one try all season - in the last minute against the Tigers. Says enough.

Cleary > Reynolds. Similar to Maloney - Panthers Backline horribly out of form, one try all year and cleary has been very average at best. Reynolds has been good from what I've seen (although I missed the manly game), and can kick goals. And has played with Keary @ Souths, winning a comp at that.

RCG & Prior > Vaughan. Vaughan outstanding. Dunno who stole the diesel out of Campbell-Gillards' engine but he's not the guy he was early last year (maybe the jaw..). Prior is steady but best at NRL level.

De Belin > Josh Jackson. Like for Like replacement for mine, although Jackson could play the full 80.

Crichton > Lodge. With Jake T, Jackson, Frizell, Cordner, Sims all in - I think Crichton would be somehwat surplus. Replacing him with a mountain. This one would probably make most people go "You farkin' kidding!!!" - but I reckon Lodge was great all last year once he played a few games. Always gets jeered and carries on regardless - Lang Park wouldn't phase him. Rotating Klemmer Vaughan and Lodge would hopefully suck the life out of the Queensland Middle, then Cook can go to town. Definitely a long shot and I don't think NSW will go this way - but I would. If he did get picked it would cause a huge stir though.. I'm not focussed on the sins of his past, those are being dealt with and so far he has lived up to the high expectations of him by the NRL to return and stay in the league.

Peachey > Bird. I love Tyrone Peachey but he remained wasted last year - was only ever gonna come on for significant time if a back got injured. When he did come on, he was limited. Possible replacement for Roberts but I'd take Leilua. Jack Bird is only back this year but he's the ideal utility who could play backs or forwards when needed.

Righto that's an hour passed...

Last edited:

newyboy

Juniors
James Roberts and Latrell Mitchell would be no starters, after the recent indiscretions you would assume.

Let's see how big Freddies are with this choice.