What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW backline 2010

Talanexor

Juniors
My god you are a dip-sh*t

The worst possible side would be:

1. Shannon McDonnell
2. David Simmons
3. Ashley Graham
4. Mitchell Aubusson
5. Jamie Simpson
6. Jeff Robson
7. John Morris

Try harder next time

Ashley Graham is a QLDer. Funnily enough, he was in the QLD Emerging Origin Squad this year, and was even talked up (a little bit anyway) as an Origin possibility for game 2 when Hodges was out. I think the Wolfman would be widely regarded as a great Origin player in compariuson had Graham played, his defence is shocking.

Jeff Robson actually isn't too bad. He's not a gamebreaker, but he does fit in nicely as long as he doesn't have to carry a team.

I think any NSW team with Blake Green in it would have to be the worst possible Origin side. Even one including jarryd Hayne - not because Hayne isn't good enough to lift the average talent of any backline, but because Blake Green is that bad.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I think any NSW team with Blake Green in it would have to be the worst possible Origin side. Even one including jarryd Hayne - not because Hayne isn't good enough to lift the average talent of any backline, but because Blake Green is that bad.

He isnt really that bad. Sticky just isnt using him right. Sticky will do that to a half.

My Blues backline,
1. Hayne
2. Stewart
3. Tahu
4. Lyon
5. Morris (either, both are good)

Liam

Juniors
My god you are a dip-sh*t

The worst possible side would be:

1. Shannon McDonnell
2. David Simmons
3. Ashley Graham
4. Mitchell Aubusson
5. Jamie Simpson
6. Jeff Robson
7. John Morris

Try harder next time

1. Wes Naiqama
2. Shannon McDonnell
3. Beau Ryan
4. Brett Delaney
5. John Morris
6. Chris Bailey
7. Daniel Holdsworth

sando88

Not a Moderator
no way tahu should be making the side. even if he has good form i wouldnt put him in unless all centres were injured, including david simmons

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Well it depends, will we have the same dickhead selectors?

If we do then Stewart will be fullback, and Lyon somewhere

If we get new ones, Hayne will be fullback and Lyon will not play.

sando88

Not a Moderator
1. Stewart
2. Hayne
3. Jennings
4. J. Morris
5. B. Morris
6. J. Soward
7. B. Kimmorly

mate u forgot lawrence. he a certainty. the genius moriss twin wont make it. he is the dudd one.

and u misspelt sowards name. its M-U-L-L-E-N

mxlegend99

Referee
Lawrence is no certainty... he's a possibility and nothing more at the moment.That backline and halves pairing you quoted is the strongest possible line-up we could have. The only way I would change it is if Brett Stewart isn't the same after coming back from injury.

In which case I would drop Jarryd Hayne to fullback and Chris Lawrence can have his spot on the wing.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I'd go with

1. Hayne
2. Stewart
3. Jennings
4. Morris
5. Morris
6. Carney/Campese
7. Kimmorley/Pearce/Mullen

Wouldnt surprise me if their form holds true and they make the required improvements in defense, to see someone like Idris, Ashyford or Croker come in at centre during the series.

sando88

Not a Moderator
Lawrence is no certainty... he's a possibility and nothing more at the moment.That backline and halves pairing you quoted is the strongest possible line-up we could have. The only way I would change it is if Brett Stewart isn't the same after coming back from injury.

In which case I would drop Jarryd Hayne to fullback and Chris Lawrence can have his spot on the wing.

lawrence is not a winger. it would be lawrence who pushes morris out to the wing

mxlegend99

Referee
Being a centre didn't stop the likes of Tahu, King etc. from being picked on the wing for NSW. If he's picked, that's the position he's most likely to be picked in.

watatank

Coach
Well it depends, will we have the same dickhead selectors?

If we do then Stewart will be fullback, and Lyon somewhere

If we get new ones, Hayne will be fullback and Lyon will not play.

No, if we have the same dickhead selectors Gidley will start. Probably at the expense of a better fullback like Stewart or Hayne, or a better five eighth like Mullen or Soward or a better hooker like Farah or Ennis (one to drop to bench). He could play bench utility but he has been an epic fail in that position too throughout his rep career.

If we were smart then Hayne and Stewart will both be in the team and Gidley won't be there.

watatank

Coach
Lawrence would be able to handle playing wing IMO. He was a fullback basically his whole junior career...

He started in his NRL career on the wing too. Bagged a sh*t load of tries, but he kept making bad defensive reads. That said, he did make some poor reads at centre too and he has improved out of sight in that area, so I'd assume he would do likewise on the wing. He would handle it anywhere from 2-5.

typicalfan

Coach
Being a centre didn't stop the likes of Tahu, King etc. from being picked on the wing for NSW. If he's picked, that's the position he's most likely to be picked in.
But those guys were/are just as adept at either position, imo Timana is a rep winger while being a club centre.

It happens sometimes.

1. Wes Naiqama
2. Shannon McDonnell
3. Beau Ryan
4. Brett Delaney
5. John Morris
6. Chris Bailey
7. Daniel Holdsworth

there is no way beau ryan is the worst winger/centre in the comp
hes scored 13-14 tries this year and has been great over the past month :crazy:

NSW should run with:

1. Hayne
2. Monaghan
3. Jennings
4. Croker
5. B.Morris

Don't know about the halves at this stage.