What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Blues Prop Crisis

boonboon

Juniors
I think the 4 props picked at this tage should be in no particular order
Toleman
Galloway
Mannah
Snowden
3 of the above 4 to fill 3 prop spots depending on Injuries and probably between Mannah and Snowden for the last spot if all are fit

TLL - the fourth prop as he has been a standout off the bench

The are all good players but also give you a great mixture and rotation and a great set up for the next few years

And of course the only choice at hooker assuming he is fit is Farah - if farah is out then Gidley as Ennis lacks both the skill and the attitude to play for NSW - we can't be giving QLD penalties all night - he has no discipline - lack of discipline can be ok if you are as good as Gallen but Mick Ennis isnt and his discipline is worse

Last edited:

Springs

First Grade
Tolman
Grant
Mannah
Leoroyd-Lahrs

Tolman should be automatic no.8, Mannah and Leoroyd-Lahrs off the bench. The other starting prop should be Grant, Weyman, Hunt or Bailey if he has not retired which I cannot remember if he has.

RWB

Bench
8. Douglas
10.Tolman

14. Mannah
15. TLL

Douglas is a much better prop than Grant, it's a pretty easy top 4 for me at the moment.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Are the Tele serious? Prop is the position we are most covered in, both now and in the next few years.

I'm sure most clubs could name one or two props who will be big things in a few years, Andrew Fifita and Aaron Woods would be two from the Tigers. Both made the emerging Origin squad earlier this year.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
I'd prefer:

8. Tolman
10. Snowden

11. Watmough
12. Gallen
13. Fensom

14. Mannah
15. Douglas
16. TLL

17. Bird

Douglas and TLL can both play the Steve Simpson prop/second rower role depending on requirements.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
Fensom?

Even Hindmarsh would get picked ahead of Fensom.
He's young, has an enormous engine and his style of play suits Origin. He does a lot of clean-up work at the Raiders and saves a lot of substitutions for Furner. He doesn't make huge metres, but he will get through a mountain of defensive work and he'll keep going all day if you let him. He won't give away too many penalties and he'll keep getting up if hurt. Of late we seem to pick a lot of "X Factor" players, who have an offload, score tries in club games, run great lines etc. And it rarely works. Yet Queensland picks forwards such as Johnson, Hannant and Scott, who get through a huge amount of work and are somewhat boring, workman like players, and it works a charm. Origin isn't for fancy prancy forwards like Creagh. It's for tough bastards like Mannah, Scott and Hannant. That's what works.

Pazza

First Grade
I don't see why hindmarsh shouldn't be picked! Gallen, Bird and Wahmough have the running game but none of them have the cover defense of Hindmarsh. I recon with Hindmarsh's cover defense will kill plenty of qlds attacking plays!

Spanner in the works

First Grade
I don't see why hindmarsh shouldn't be picked! Gallen, Bird and Wahmough have the running game but none of them have the cover defense of Hindmarsh. I recon with Hindmarsh's cover defense will kill plenty of qlds attacking plays!
I thought Hindmarsh retired from rep footy? If I recall correctly it was because of the chopping and changing of the NSW selectors after a loss and the blame game that occured.

RHCP

Bench
Prop stocks are bountiful.

8. Snowden
10. Tolman

16. TLL
17. Mannah

Best prop rotation we can field.

abpanther said:
You've got to be kidding

:lol:
The funny thing is, he's not.

Brett White, Raiders international prop. :lol:

Springs

First Grade
Hindmarsh and Gallen should be the starting backrowers. The others I don't care too much as long as it isn't Watmough or Bird. Two players with a great running game but bad defence and a terrible attitude. They don't deserve it at all, players like Hindmarsh would be far better for the younger players as well.

RHCP

Bench
Have a look at:

Greg Bird - Game 3 2010

Anthony Watmough - Game 3 2009, Game 1 2010

And then try and say they don't deserve it.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Have a look at:

Greg Bird - Game 3 2010

Anthony Watmough - Game 3 2009, Game 1 2010

And then try and say they don't deserve it.

Bird gets in because he is starting to show form (one game I might add), Watmough needs to do more then jink at the line to deserve to get back into the team. He is unlucky enough to play a position where there are various options.

timka4

Bench
Watmough and Bird have been good to great in most of their origin games.

Watmough Bench, Bird Lock he just seems to lift every time and its great.

Tigger Madness

Juniors
Id love to see Hindmarsh and Gallen in the second row.

Galloway is starting to show decent form but will still need to improve to warrant selection.

Mannah is an absolute shoe in.